GMX 404 Not Found

• Dear all

I have installed DAVdroid 0.9.1.3 on an HTC One M9 with Android Version 6.0.

Now I would like to synchronize the calendar from GMX with DAVdroid. I used both possibilities to set-up the connection with and without URL. Without URL there is no calendar to choose. With URL I can choose the calendar (I do not need activities) but the synchronisation fails. In the log file following information is given:

SYNCHRONIZATION INFO
    Synchronization phase: 9

STACK Trace:
    at.bitfire.dav4android.exeption.NotFoundException: 404 Not Found
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.checkStatus (DavResource.java:273)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.checkStatus (DavResource.java:290)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.parseMultiStatus_Response(DavResource.java:439)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.parseMultiStatus(DavResource.java:361)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.processMultiStatus(DavResource.java:338)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.multiget(DavResource.java:126)
    at
    at.bitfire.davdroid.synchadapter. CalendarsSyncManager.downloadRemot(CalendarSyncManager.java:156)
    at
    at.bitfire.davdroid.synchadapter. SynchManager.performSync(SyncManager.java:182)
    at
    at.bitfire.davdroid.synchadapter. CalendarsSyncService$SyncAdapter.onPerfomSync(CalendarsSyncAdapterService.java:58)
    at
    android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:272

I also installed the JB Workaround, but still the synchronization error remains!
    What could solve this problem?

Thank you for your support

Regards
    JustMe

• developer

Hello,

@JustMe said:

Now I would like to synchronize the calendar from GMX with DAVdroid. I used both possibilities to set-up the connection with and without URL. Without URL there is no calendar to choose. With URL I can choose the calendar

Yes, exactly as described on https://davdroid.bitfire.at/configuration/gmx/. The reason is that GMX unfortunately doesn't provide correct SRV records for CardDAV.

(I do not need activities) but the synchronisation fails. In the log file following information is given:

SYNCHRONIZATION INFO
    Synchronization phase: 9

STACK Trace:
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.checkStatus (DavResource.java:273)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.checkStatus (DavResource.java:290)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.parseMultiStatus_Response(DavResource.java:439)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.parseMultiStatus(DavResource.java:361)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.processMultiStatus(DavResource.java:338)
    at
    at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.multiget(DavResource.java:126)
    at
    at.bitfire.davdroid.synchadapter. CalendarsSyncManager.downloadRemot(CalendarSyncManager.java:156)
    at
    at.bitfire.davdroid.synchadapter. SynchManager.performSync(SyncManager.java:182)
    at
    at.bitfire.davdroid.synchadapter. CalendarsSyncService$SyncAdapter.onPerfomSync(CalendarsSyncAdapterService.java:58)
    at
    android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:272

I also installed the JB Workaround, but still the synchronization error remains!

The JB Workaround is in no way related to that. Please uninstall it, unless you experience the Play Store bug that DAVdroid accounts are removed after a DAVdroid update or a device reboot.

What could solve this problem?

GMX is known to return some strange 404 errors. We have contacted GMX several times, but didn't receive a useful response. It seems that creating a new (empty) calendar and synchronizing to this one helps.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.