How to add Baikal account

• Hi,
    I have a Synology DS 115 and it runs Baikal for my CalDAV and CardDAV. It seems to work alright with my Thunderbird installation on my laptop.
    However, I can't get Baikal to sync with my Android Phone which I wanted to achieve using DAVDroid.
    I have a Moto G XT1039 running CM 13.
    I can't even get past the first screen where it asks for the base-url, username and password. It will not detect any calendars or addressbooks. I have tried for https://192.168.xxx.xx and variations of it such as incl the port, the path to any baikal-location or a top level domain.
    None of it worked.
    All i get in return is: No addressbooks or calendars were found.
    Can someone please help me?

• developer

Hello,

Did you try as described on https://davdroid.bitfire.at/configuration/baikal/ ?

Otherwise, the logs of the detection would be helpful.

• Hi and thank you, even before addressing the paths I have to register some base-url which I am unable to do.

0_1456062391957_Screenshot_20160221-000447.jpg

0_1456062471122_davdroid-debug-1559062657.txt

• developer

Unless well-known URLs are configured, the base URLs for Baïkal are /<baikal-root>/cal.php/ and /<baikal-root>/card.php/.

• Thanks for getting back.
    However as I have pointed out DAVDroid will not allow me to access any screens for setting up caldav or carddav paths. It first wants some sort of BaseURLs configured.
    When it comes to "well-known URLs" I have heard this term the first time through DAVDroid. I do not even know if I have to set up this kind of references (?) on my phone, on my NAS, on DAVDroid or on Baikal.

• developer

Hello again,

However as I have pointed out DAVDroid will not allow me to access any screens for setting up caldav or carddav paths. It first wants some sort of BaseURLs configured.

Default Baïkal CalDAV base URL: /<baikal-root>/cal.php/
    Default Baïkal CardDAV base URL: /<baikal-root>/card.php/

You don't have to get into further screen, just enter the base URL in the first screen.

For more information about well-known URLs and service discovery, see DAVdroid: Service discovery. However, I don't know whether and how this would be applicable to Baïkal running on Synology devices.

• @rfc2822 said:

You don't have to get into further screen, just enter the base URL in the first screen.

What would the base URL be?
    There is no other screen I can access only the one from the screenshot.

• developer

@cptn_future said:

What would the base URL be?

I don't know, because I have never tried Baïkal on Synology. According to ftp://mirror.ac.za/sourceforge/b/ba/baikalforsynology/Installation of Baikal on Synology DSM5.pdf (cool, they have mentioned DAVdroid!), your

• base URL for CardDAV is https://yourserver/baikal/card.php (see page 22 in the PDF),
    • base URL for CalDAV is https://yourserver/baikal/cal.php (see page 28)

There is no other screen I can access only the one from the screenshot.

You don't need another screen. It's the right one.

• Thank you.
    I somehow managed to sort it out. However, I have two accounts now: one for the calendars, one for the contacts. Contacts have not synced to the address book yet and I wonder if I can do anything about it.
    Also I have realised that I seem to be unable to change the calendar color (which might be none of your business). Is thsi related to DAVDroid or to CM 13 standard calendar?

• Hm. I am still unable to sync any contacts from Baikal to the Android Device although I have set it up along the same lines as the calendars just with a different account. Syncing to Baikal does not seem to work either.
    Could this be a bug in the software?
    I can add the DAVDroid account in the calendar and it returns that it has synced. But, simply, no contacts show.

• developer

• Hello,
    I have now. However, I don't know what I am supposed to do. I have zero contacts on my android device. They're all on my Carddav-server.
    So if you want, I have followed the second suggestion of the FAQs your link provided:
    "export your contacts from your Android device, clean them up and import them into your DAVdroid account"
    It is just that the DAVdroid account does not seem to read these contacts and therefore doesn't sync them. Or am I somehow mistaken?

• developer

@cptn_future said:

I have now. However, I don't know what I am supposed to do. I have zero contacts on my android device. They're all on my Carddav-server.

Then they should be synchronized with your local device, which works here (also tested with Baïkal).

Did you select "DAVdroid" or "all accounts" in your Contacts app ("Contacts to display")?

• Regardless of what I choose it does not display anything.
    However, for testing purposes i set up another account with freecarddavsync. This also claims to sync with success but does not display anything either.
    So maybe the problem is down to Baikal rather than to DAVDroid...

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.