Sync tasks

• Seems also to work fine here for me. This version is a huge step forward, thank you for your work!

• No idea if possible, but why not implement the dmfs interface in Mirakel instead and make everything work with everything else?

• @It's already implemented in this way. The only thing left is the check which app is installed and then choose the corresponding Uri to reach this app.
    This will be done as soon as someone from the Mirakel team has some time to check the sync before.

• for me, davdroid crash when i click for tasks synchronization. (Moto G 4G, android 4.4.4)

• @awikatchikaen Please take a look at How to view the logs. A possibility not mentioned there is CatLog (requires root).

• Here are the logs

E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): FATAL EXCEPTION: SyncAdapterThread-1
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): Process: at.bitfire.davdroid:sync, PID: 8769
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: opening provider org.dmfs.provider.tasks.TaskProvider from ProcessRecord{42bf44f8 8769:at.bitfire.davdroid:sync/u0a175} (pid=8769, uid=10175) requires org.dmfs.permission.READ_TASKS or org.dmfs.permission.WRITE_TASKS
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): 	at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1465)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): 	at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1419)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): 	at android.app.ActivityManagerProxy.getContentProvider(ActivityManagerNative.java:2887)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.acquireProvider(ActivityThread.java:4480)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): 	at android.app.ContextImpl$ApplicationContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContextImpl.java:2308)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContentResolver.java:1409)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.acquireContentProviderClient(ContentResolver.java:1472)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): 	at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:257)
    D/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8769): Closing httpClient

• @awikatchikaen I think your problem is that you didn't install the Tasks app before the DavDroid app. Or something else is limiting DavDroid's permissions (Xprivacy or CyanogenMod Privacy Guard)

On 30 May 2015 22:20:58 CEST, Awikatchikaen notifications@github.com wrote:

E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): FATAL EXCEPTION: SyncAdapterThread-1
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): Process: at.bitfire.davdroid:sync, PID: 8769
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): java.lang.SecurityException: Permission
    Denial: opening provider org.dmfs.provider.tasks.TaskProvider from
    ProcessRecord{42bf44f8 8769:at.bitfire.davdroid:sync/u0a175} (pid=8769,
    uid=10175) requires org.dmfs.permission.READ_TASKS or
    org.dmfs.permission.WRITE_TASKS
    E/AndroidRuntime( 8769): at
    android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1465)
    android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1419)
    android.app.ActivityManagerProxy.getContentProvider(ActivityManagerNative.java:2887)
    android.app.ActivityThread.acquireProvider(ActivityThread.java:4480)
    android.app.ContextImpl$ApplicationContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContextImpl.java:2308)
    android.content.ContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContentResolver.java:1409)
    android.content.ContentResolver.acquireContentProviderClient(ContentResolver.java:1472)
    android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:257)
    D/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8769): Closing httpClient

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
    https://github.com/bitfireAT/davdroid/issues/34#issuecomment-107081423

• Yes I've install davdroid some months ago.
    And I install tasks app some day ago to test task synchronization.

And, frankly, I don't want deinstall and reinstall davdroid and redo the configuration ....

• There's no other way, it's a bug in Android. There are many apps to save and restore app data, such as Titanium Backup or oandbackup.

On 30 May 2015 22:25:06 CEST, Awikatchikaen notifications@github.com wrote:

Yes I've install davdroid some months ago.
    And I install tasks app some day ago to test task synchronization.

And, frankly, I don't want deinstall and reinstall davdroid and redo
    the configuration ....

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
    https://github.com/bitfireAT/davdroid/issues/34#issuecomment-107081640

• developer

Implemented with 0.8.