I just tried the medicine, but it has no effect. While thinking about the issue it is like a one way sync but without davdroid reading the entries on the server. My girlfriend actually has the exact same phone with an older android version i will install davdroid there and see if it shows the same behavior.
new contacts on phone not synchronizing - OC8.2.2 - DavDroid 0.9.1.3
I am quite new to all that cloud/synchro stuff so I have some questions.
I have installed DavDroid 0.9.1.3 on my phone (samsung s5 mini, cyanogenmod 12.1 - Android 5.1.1). Further, I have owncloud 8.2.2 running on my own server. The synchronisation works fine except when I am creating new contacts on my phone. Nothing is synchronized towards the server.
If I modify contacts I have imported from the server, it works well. I wonder, if it is related to that:
What I did:
- I exported all my contacts and deleted it from phone
- I imported the contacts to owncloud
- connection with davdroid and all contacts appear
- I created a new contact on the phone but no sync
- I modified an contact i have recently imported and sync worked.
I did it also the other way around:
- deletion all contacts on phone and server
- deletion of existing davdroid account on the phone
- creation of a new account, connect to owncloud
- import of contacts to the phone, but no sync to the cloud
Does that mean, all new contacts I create on my phone, need to be exported and manually imported to the cloud before synchronisation works?
Thanks for any hints
just to inform, I have resolved the issue. It was caused by my xprivacy installation. My restrictions where to strong. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce, which settings I have changed in xprivacy to get it run. In case someone encounters the issues I had and also uses xprivacy, check the settings within “google contacts synchronising”. I think I have blocked the contact app to synchronise with the contacts provider.
All in all, DravDroid works as a charm. It’s also installed on my tablet (SM-T530, cyanogenmod 13, Android 6). I had no issues at all on the tablet (but also no xprivacy). I am really glad to have purchased DravDroid.