Problem with syncing

• Hi,

ICS Droid regularly shows me notifications that it couldn't sync. I think this is because my ICS feed takes a really long time and the connection times out. I just tested it and it takes 40 seconds to complete a request(it's a free heroku app). Could you tell me what the timeout for a connection is or how I could verify that this is indeed my problem?

Cheers,

Faerbit

• developer

Hi,

ICSdroid uses Android's default HttpUrlConnection. Maybe you can find the default timeout values somewhere …

• It seems that the default value is 0 which means, that it should wait indefinitely. So I moved my ICS feed to my Raspi which has no startup time unlike the Herokuapp.

• developer

If the default timeout is 0, the Heroku startup time shouldn't be a problem. In case of an I/O error, ICSdroid should put put the exact error message into the notification, so you should be able to see what's the reason. What's your exact error message?

• I am unable to reproduce the error as of right now. My feed depends on an external system, so it could be that that was the problem. Sorry for the confusion.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.