[Owncloud] DavDroid 0.9.1.3 doesn't sync contacts with OC 8.2.2

• Hello!
    I have an OC server with 400-500 contacts created by iOS syncronization client. Now I changed a phone to another with android 5 OS. I just installed DavDroid to import the contacts into new phone. But every synchronization attempt failed with error (see attached file). Only few contacts were imported before the error. But CardDav-sync successfully imported all contacts.
    I suppose that the error caused by wrong URL encoding. According to the error DavDroid tries to access to such vcard file:
    /owncloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/oleg/%d0%9a%d0%be%d0%bd%d1%82%d0%b0%d0%ba%d1%82%d1%8b/ec8a644f-b2ce-48a9-a3d6-69310dcd7d5b%2540192.168.99.1.vcf
    which can be decoded into
    /owncloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/oleg/Контакты/ec8a644f-b2ce-48a9-a3d6-69310dcd7d5b%40192.168.99.1.vcf
    Notice the "%40" substring. One should decode original string twice to get right URL:
    /owncloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/oleg/Контакты/ec8a644f-b2ce-48a9-a3d6-69310dcd7d5b@192.168.99.1.vcf
    0_1452373522688_davdroid_error.txt

• developer

Hello,

But CardDav-sync successfully imported all contacts.

I don't know much about CardDav-Sync (because it's not open-source), but as far as I know, it sometimes decodes URL twice (as you have suggested below), which is – in my opinion – an error. See also [OwnCloud] Losing contacts after sync with DAVdroid 0.8.1+.

Notice the "%40" substring. One should decode original string twice to get right URL:

When queried for resources, the server has to return the URLs. There's no need for decoding, especially double-decoding. This would not only cause errors, but also security holes in setups where the server handles such cases properly!

Please report this to OwnCloud, or provide some details (RFCs etc.) on how DAVdroid is handling this incorrectly and why URLs should be decoded an arbitrary number of times.

• @rfc2822 said:

... provide some details (RFCs etc.) on how DAVdroid is handling this incorrectly and why URLs should be decoded an arbitrary number of times.

As an ordinary customer I don't want to examine if the software works incorrectly. I just mentioned that your product doesn't work with a server but another product does. It doesn't matter for real user which of products works more closer to rfc.
    Of course I wrote to OC but my problem is not recent. You know about this incompatibility so you should write to OC too. You should be interested to solve the problem together instead of send your clients to another development team.
    This why I put negative feedback for your application in the playmarket.

• developer

@gladov: Do you use the latest ownCloud Contacts app? As far as I know, this problem has been already solved by ownCloud.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.