I’d like to second the request, giving and example of a real use case. We use several address books and one is responsible for keeping some of these actual. Others have the benefit to not need to create same contacts too.
6 People around (2 adults, 4 Kids) using owncloud 8.2
- My Wife has an own address book for her family sharing it with me and the kids.
- My wife has an own address book for her work related contacts sharing with me.
- My wife has an own address book for her friends sharing it with me.
- My wife has an own Address book for her private contacts.
- I have an own address book for my family sharing it with my inhouse/local family.
- I have an own address book for my work related contacts sharing with my wife.
- I have an own address book for family friends sharing with the family.
- I have an address book for my private contacts.
- I have an address book related to contacts with the house(hold) sharing with the local kids/my wife.
- ++ (nearly the same but less with calendars)
As you can see in this example each of us and I would need to have at least 4-9 accounts (plus different email addresses for each) to get all things done together in a cloud manner. Alternately I could use an/two other (yellow) apps wich creates inside 5 account tabs (and allows modifying) just for contacts but I’d like to support DAVdroid.
Therefore I’d ask for “Please keep this on your ToDo list”, this is a real time safer.