How to use it?



  • Hello everyone.
    I'm really happy to find an application like GfxTablet but I'm not quite sure about it. It's impossible to use it if you can't see where your arrow is.
    In real tablets, you always see the pen (arrow) position and then, if you press the pen, you start drawing.

    How do you use GfxTablet if it's impossible to use it for drawing? Do you use it just like a mouse?
    I tried so hard to make a decent drawing and really, it has been impossible for me.
    Please, tell me your tricks or GfxTablet's real utility.

    Merry Christmas.


  • developer

    @Provatta said:

    Hello everyone.
    I'm really happy to find an application like GfxTablet but I'm not quite sure about it. It's impossible to use it if you can't see where your arrow is.
    In real tablets, you always see the pen (arrow) position and then, if you press the pen, you start drawing.

    This is exactly how GfxTablet behaves. Of course, your Android device has to support this (Galaxy Tab 10.1 does; which one do you have?).

    How do you use GfxTablet if it's impossible to use it for drawing? Do you use it just like a mouse?

    No, it's intended to use it as you said. The cursor should move when you move your pen tightly above the display (but not touching it).



  • @rfc2822 said:

    @Provatta said:

    Hello everyone.
    I'm really happy to find an application like GfxTablet but I'm not quite sure about it. It's impossible to use it if you can't see where your arrow is.
    In real tablets, you always see the pen (arrow) position and then, if you press the pen, you start drawing.

    This is exactly how GfxTablet behaves. Of course, your Android device has to support this (Galaxy Tab 10.1 does; which one do you have?).

    How do you use GfxTablet if it's impossible to use it for drawing? Do you use it just like a mouse?

    No, it's intended to use it as you said. The cursor should move when you move your pen tightly above the display (but not touching it).

    What kind of pen should I use, please?


  • developer

    @Provatta said:

    What kind of pen should I use, please?

    Maybe your device doesn't support hovering … is it a "standard" phone or designed to be used with a pen, like the Samsung Galaxy tablets with S Pen?



  • @rfc2822 said:

    @Provatta said:

    What kind of pen should I use, please?

    Maybe your device doesn't support hovering … is it a "standard" phone or designed to be used with a pen, like the Samsung Galaxy tablets with S Pen?

    It's a "standard" phone with Kitkat, yes. When I select the stylus mode, nothing works. That's why I ask what kind of pen should I buy to use GfxTablet properly.

    Thanks for the support!


  • developer

    @Provatta said:

    It's a "standard" phone with Kitkat, yes. When I select the stylus mode, nothing works. That's why I ask what kind of pen should I buy to use GfxTablet properly.

    Unfortunately, I don't know … we have only tested with our Samsung tablet (with S Pen) and the smart phone without pen.

    If you find any information about this, please post it here.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.