Gradle sync failed: Configuration with name 'default' not found.

• Hi,

I downloaded the sources yesterday and imported the zip file into Android Studio. Android Studio shows me the above error. Some of the gradle files probably cannot find a library. I have to admit I am not able to spot which file is causing the issue and what is wrong in the file in question.

Did someone get this error as well and can give me a nudge?

Thanks, K.

• developer

Did you fetch the submodules as well? There should be non-empty dav4android, ical4android, vcard4android and MemorizingTrustManager directories.

• mmh, no there are only the empty folders. I assumed when I download the “complete” zip file that I have everything and gradle should be supposed to download dependencies. I will try to copy these projects into these folders. If it doesn’t work I will update the thread.

Thanks.

• developer

DAVdroid uses “git submodules”, so you will have to fetch them with git submodule init, git submodule update or just fetch everything with --recursive as described on Compiling DAVdroid.

• developer

So, did downloading the submodules fix your problem?

• admin

@Kalle any update on this?

• Hi, yes it fixed it. I downloaded them all manually. But this issue can be closed. Sorry for not finding the right Wiki page. K.