Simple windows driver

• Hi,

based on your uinput driver I've created something similar for windows.

As windows does not support simply injecting pressure information into the event queue, I've omitted this for now. But instead have built two binaries, one working like the original, and another one, which ignores the normal touch events for mouse clicks, but instead uses pressure information to enable touch moves to just move the mouse while pressing harder with the finger sends the mouse down information so it starts drawing.

For pressure information a HID input driver would be necessary. This will probably make pressure information work in GIMP too.

But for now this is better than nothing I guess.

Thanks for this nice project und greetings from germany

christoph

• How can I install it?

• The binaries are here: https://github.com/wech71/GfxTablet/tree/binaries
    driver-win32-hover-touch-enabled.exe ist with support for moving the finger over the touch interface without drawing, driver-win32.exe does send a mouse down on every android press event (equivalent to touching in my opinion).

Just download an run the exe, then start GfxTablet on your android device and start drawing.

• so i am using a wifi in my home, i googles whats my ip, put that ip in dfxtablet apps's network settings ... opened MS paint ..... nothing happened, sorry i'm not good with computers, but whats the problem here?

• admin

Thank you for creating this Windows driver, Christoph ;) I still cannot test it myself, but I will point people to it when they ask for a windows support! Do you know how to implement pressure sesitivity on MS Windows? I'm just asking since this is what makes gfxtablet unique compared to other apps and it would be awesome to have it on Windows too!

Thanks again!
    Bernhard

• @noirA10: you must use the ip address in your internal network not your public ip address of your wlan router.

• @devvv4ever: I think I know what to do, but it involves not just a simple user mode application but an system driver - at least it seems to be possible to use the user mode driver framework instead of kernel mode driver.

Unfortunately I currently don't have time to pursue this. I've installed vs2012 and the WDK (windows driver kit) to target windows vista and above and have found that it is necessary to implement an HID device driver mimicking an tablet digitizer. But as I don't own a real pressure sensitive device like a pressure pen or the Galaxy Note, I am currently limited to the finger press pressure value which is pretty hard to control.

I also would like to extend the application with some features in the following ascending order and complexity:
    a) settings dialog to switch between pressure and hove mode
    b) mirroring the computer display to the tablet so it would be possible to see on the tablet where drawing occurs.
    b2) extend this idea to a movable screen region instead of full screen
    c) implement the UMDF driver

But at the moment I unfortunately don't have even time for a)

• @wech71 brother so i found my local ip, put it in gfxtablet app's settings, opened gimp on windows7 machine, under input settings, it still isnt detecting my android .... what am i missing?? is it something related to xorg driver?

thanks for your response though

• @wech71 by the way i'm not using samsung note . is that the problem?

• @noirA10 gimp does not display it as a dedicated driver. The windows driver is just simulating mouse movements and mouse clicks, so running gfxtablet on the tablet and the windows driver, moving your finger around on the tablet should move the mouse cursor around on the computer where the windows driver is running.

For gimp to detect the device, it would be neccessary to write a kernel mode driver which simulates a real tablet, because gimp uses Microsoft DirectInput technology to access real graphic tablets with pressure information.

My windows driver does the same as the original GfxTablet X-Window driver - it injects mouse move and click events, not more not less (okay less in terms of pressure information because windows does not support user mode applications to send pressure informations)

• (BTW I'm using a Galaxy Nexus 7)

• *ip address given to android gfxtablet (the local one) = done

... gfxtablet still not doing anything .

nice try though .. really appreciate your work ....... but it does not work for me .............

• infact downloaded the "networktablet-x86_64" fi;le also.. it ust seems a text file .

• networktablet-x86_64 is the linux driver. This one won't work on windows. And only run one of the two driver-win32 files. Which one depends just on your preference, but both should enable mose movements.
    Hard to say why it does not work for you. Sorry.

• i really need help i'm confused

• I am confused as well

• If you could share with me, what is confusing you exactly, I might be able to help ;-)

• I'm using a hp sleekbook 6 on Windows 8 how can I install

• Just download https://github.com/wech71/GfxTablet/blob/binaries/driver-win32-hover-touch-enabled.exe to any location you want and run it.
    Then look up your ip address of your network connection and enter this address in the android app.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.