Deleting an account in Androïd calendar

• Hello,

I have a problem : when I delete an account in Davdroid, it is not deleted in the parameters of the Androïd calendar, so if I create it again, I see it twice in the calendar. What can I do ?

Davdroid version : 0.9.0.4
    Androïd : 4.1.2

Thank you for your help

• developer

I have never seen such a behavior. Deleting the account always implies deletion of all dependent data in the calendar provider.

Can you please post your debug info? DAVdroid (main activity) / Debug info?

How did you delete your account? Are you sure it's really deleted?

• I delete it by "parameters", "accounts", "Davdroid"

Actually I have no account Davdroid for the calendar, but I have events in the Android calendar.

It seems that it is the calendar application which keeps informations ?

• developer

@Patrice No, it's the calendar storage provider.

Which Android brand do you use? Maybe your firmware is modified by your manufacturer?

• I have made the same test with another smartphone :

Android : 4.2.2
    Davdroid : 0.9.1

I have no problem

• I had Android 4.1.2 too and had problems with DavDroid. I flashed my device to Android 5.1.1 and it works fine.

@rfc2822 said:

Thanks for the report – seems I forgot that file:///home/rfc2822/opt/android-sdk/docs/reference/android/provider/CalendarContract.EventsColumns.html#UID_2445 is only available in API level 17+ (= Android 4.2), so I'll do the test like in DAVdroid 0.8 and use a SYNC column for API level <17.

@rfc2822 posted this in the beta tester forum - maybe that is the cause for your error.

• developer

@Marc246 said:

Thanks for the report – seems I forgot that file:///home/rfc2822/opt/android-sdk/docs/reference/android/provider/CalendarContract.EventsColumns.html#UID_2445 is only available in API level 17+ (= Android 4.2), so I'll do the test like in DAVdroid 0.8 and use a SYNC column for API level <17.

@rfc2822 posted this in the beta tester forum - maybe that is the cause for your error.

That usage of the UID_2445 column should not be related to the cleanup of calendars for missing accounts.

• OK, the problem comes from my Android version 4.1.2.

Thank you.