We’re happy that we can announce the release of DAVdroid/0.9!
What has changed?
- DAVdroid now uses dav4android for WebDAV/CalDAV/CardDAV – completely rewritten library
- uses KXmlParser streaming parser instead of SimpleXML DOM parser (should be faster)
- DAVdroid now uses ical4android to access Android Calendar Provider and parse/generate iCalendar files – completely rewritten library
- DAVdroid now uses vcard4android to access Android Contacts Provider and parse/generate VCards – completely rewritten library
- DAVdroid now uses the okhttp HTTP library which brings many benefits, including SPDY and HTTP/2 support
- improved resource detection at setup allows to add collections which are not auto-detectable
- verbose notification on sync errors that shows many details and can be shared (e.g. sent via email)
- ability to log into external text files
- MemorizingTrustManager has been added to DAVdroid to allow bypassing the system CA verification (useful for self-signed certificates if you don’t want to install them system-wide)
- should fix “Accounts not visible” in Sony/HTC stock firmware Contacts app (untested)