How would you like to get notified on DAVdroid string updates?


  • admin

    Dear translators,

    thank you for joining the DAVdroid forum. How would you like to get notified on new updates/changed strings of DAVdroid?

    Is it okay for you to simply subscribe a certain thread where we post when something has changed?

    You can change in your profile settings that you'd be notified by email.

    If you have other suggestions, please feel free to write them here!



  • E-mail has been around for around 40 years, stable, proven technology, should serve us well. I'd vote for it.

    What would be more important to me (although this might be a different topic) is (a) whether there would be a time frame between the announcement and the release, so that all or most languages could be released together, and (b) whether there could be beta releases before and maybe after the announcement, the one before to help the translation, the one after to allow checking it.

    --jtg


  • admin

    If you want to beta test as well I can invite you into the according group, too!

    There will be a time frame between the beta and release. Usually this is only 1-2 days at maximum, in a few cases a little longer. The next release will have a lot of stuff changed in the core. A LOT :-)

    We're experimenting with Transifex, this is a great tool for managing translations, and free for Open Source software. We'll keep you updated.

    Please ensure to have your profile settings here set to daily digest or so to receive emails on changes!


  • developer

    What would be more important to me (although this might be a different topic) is (a) whether there would be a time frame between the announcement and the release, so that all or most languages could be released together, and (b) whether there could be beta releases before and maybe after the announcement, the one before to help the translation, the one after to allow checking it.

    We want to introduce beta tests for DAVdroid, but unfortunately, there are not many people (yet) who would be willing to test.

    In the ideal case, I'd like to distinguish between two cases:

    1. updates with major text changes
    2. updates with no or only minor text changes (maybe one or two little strings)

    For case one (major text changes), I suggest that we announce the changes here as early as possible (at the latest when the beta is released), so that there is some time to translate. However, we do – of course – not expect that translators have time and motivation to translate the new strings whenever we release a version. What amount time would do you consider to be reasonable?

    In the second case (minor text changes), there will be just a beta version (only if there are beta testers at all, of course), the changes will be announced and as soon as the beta is OK, the version will be released. I think it's not necessary to wait for translations of minor text changes, as these string updates are not that important and will be comprised in the next version nevertheless.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.