I looked for timezone in the FAQ and configuration pages and didn’t find it discussed there.
- DAViCal server on Debian jessie, v18.104.22.168-1
- Mozilla Lightning / Iceowl on Debian v31.8.0-1~deb8u1
- DAVDroid from fdroid, v0.8.1
- Cyanogenmod Calendar app version 4.4.4-9329c12b93
- both the desktop computer and the phone are configured for Central European Summer Time (CEST, UTC+2)
I’ve observed the following problem with duplicate appointments due to timezone confusion:
on the computer create an appointment at 14:00 on 1 October 2015. In Iceowl, I click “Options” and “Show Timezones” and it is showing “Europe/Zurich”
look at the appointment in the calendar on the phone, it appears at 15:00 on 1 October 2015 and CEST is mentioned. If I click to edit on the phone, I also see “Central European Summer Time GMT+2”
create an appointment in the phone for 14:00 on 1 October 2015. In the editing form, it also shows “Central European Summer Time GMT+2” but in the read-only view it doesn’t mention the time zone at all.
look on the computer, both appointments appear at 14:00 on 1 October 2015, expecting me to be in two places at the same time. The appointment created on the phone in step (3) appears as “Europe/Amsterdam” timezone
Are there known problems with timezones, either in DAVdroid or the Calendar app?
Should I troubleshoot this further or is somebody already working on it?