Android fails to sync tasks after entry made in OC web interface

• Steps to reproduce

• Create task within OC web intereface

Expected Behavior

• tasks entered into OC web interface are synced to android and thunderbird

Actual Behavior

• tasks are accessible via OC web interface, but are not synced to other devices

Server configuration

• ownCloud 8.1.1 (stable)
    • Ubuntu Server 14.04.3 LTS self hosted
    • Calendar 0.7.3
    • Contacts 0.4.0.0 (git clone)
    • Tasks 0.7.1
    • 1 calendar, lots of events
    • originally 1 task list, started creating different list for varying tasks.

Mobile Device

• list itemAndroid 5.1 stock FW
    • Davdroid 0.8.4.1
    • OpenTasks 1.1.7

Laptop

• Ubuntu 15.04
    • Mozilla Thunderbird 38.2.0 with Inverse SOGo Connector 31.0.1

Log

Chastize me now, I'm not familiar with bug reporting and did not see template on the forum page, but I'm new.

I manually entered a few tasks in the OC web interface, attempted sync on android and things went bad. See link below for android error log.

I also have screenshots of the tasks I entered, and will share those if needed. I use Opentask from android to modify tasks on the fly. This is a new setup to me, and I had enetered a couple of tasks as a test. I dont know if the problem lies with OC or Davdroid, but I would appreciate help. Thanks.

It's worth mentioning that several tasks had synced over the course of a few weeks, until i created tasks through web interface. The only "out of the ordinary" thing I can think I did was copy "checkbox" type formating from a task created in OpenTasks which looks like this
    "TASK NAME"
    [ ] 1st step
    [ ] 2nd step
    [ ] 3rd step, etc.

I copied that formating and pasted to new tasks I created, because these checkboxes are not a feature via web interface. Thanks. again.

• developer

Hello,

Thanks for your report. According to the logs:

I/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(24865): Performing sync for authority com.android.calendar
    …
    D/Wire (24865): http-outgoing-2 >> "PROPFIND /owncloud/remote.php/caldav/calendars/myusername/defaultcalendar/ HTTP/1.1[\r][\n]"
    …
    D/Wire (24865): http-outgoing-2 << "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found[\r][\n]"

the calendar /owncloud/remote.php/caldav/calendars/myusername/defaultcalendar/ has been removed (server returns HTTP error 404), which causes DAVdroid to report this error.

• OK, here comes the stupid question. I guess being new to this, I failed to realize the tasks were tied to the calendar. So i think I may have removed the calendar (and its data) when I removed a task category? I have backups of the DB and owncloud data folder. Where would the data be located? I just realized all my calendar entries are gone! HAHA.

• So what I think happened is I renamed what I thought was a task, which was actually a calendar name. This broke the calendar sync as well as android/Thunderbird task/calendar because calendar no longer existed. Luckily I exported the *.ICS file prior to making changes so I am currently uploading that to OC web interface. Lesson: If you don't know what you are doing, make frequent backups. Thanks.

• developer

Ok, good to hear that it now works for you :)

• I'm still having issuse, i'm going to try importing the ics file as the same calender name mentioned in the error "defaultcalendar" and see if that fixes it.

• So calendar sync appears back to normal on OC web interface, as well as android calendar. However when i turn the sync option on for tasks in DAVdroid, it appears that recurring events dissappear from Thunderbird. I have 5 calendars currently synced, and my calendar that has most of my entries was missing several or maybe all items that I have set to repeat every weekday. Any ideas, is this OpenTasks doing, or what? I understood that OpenTasks did not support recurring tasks, but it shouldn't make them or events disappear unless they are modified from within OpenTasks. Point me to any relevant logs you may need and I'll try to figure out how to get them. This has been pretty frustrating as I am using this calendar for work and personal. So the original issue of this post is fixed, should this be posted as another topic? Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.