Not all Contacts from ownCloud are shown in the Android Contacts-App

• Hello.

I installed davdroid from the f-droid repository. I configured the connection to my ownCloud to sync contacts, calendars and tasks. All syncs are fine but the contacts sync.

When I look in the Android contacts app I can see that my contacts are being synced. New contacts were added to the app. But at some point the synced contacts disappear. After the syncing process the contact app shows only four contacts. I figured out, that there is something special about these for contacts. All four have in common that I added them on my iPhone and synced them to my ownCloud.

But I have no idea why all the other contacts aren't shown after the sync finished.

Here are some information about my system:

Tablet: Nexus 7 (Edition 2012)
    Android Version: 5.1.1
    Build Number: LMY47V
    Kernel-Version: 3.1.10-gf5d7b8b

You could find the log at this link.

• admin

Hi,
    this is probably the issue that affects many OC users currently. There is a bug in your OC, you need to adjust only a single line in a php file. Please look here #578

There is already a fix for it but I don't know when OC makes a new release.

I'm closing this since it is a duplicate of #578

• Tronde (and anyone else who may be affected) -- this is fixed in the most recent update to the OwnCloud contacts app, so you can get past this by updating from Git.

Just go to your apps folder, remove your old contacts app (optionally back it up in case of issues), get the new one, and assign it to your web server user. For example, on my Debian server with OwnCloud installed via apt:
    cd /var/www/owncloud/apps/
    rm -rf ./contacts
    git clone https://github.com/owncloud/contacts.git
    chown -R www-data:www-data ./contacts

Worked for me!

• Algernon83 suggestion fixed it for me. You have no idea how aggravating this was, wondering what the issue was and no time to troubleshoot. HAHA, reinstalled davdroid and rebooted OC server and was about to try some more severe stuff. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.