Cannot add event (birthday) to DAVdroid contact

• DAVdroid/0.8.1

When I create a new contact entry on my phone and select DAVdroid contact, I cannot add another field for events (birthday). See screenshot for the fields I can add.

Even though the birthday is present on the server (in my case ownCloud) for a contact and the contact is synced to the device, there's no birthday field on my device for that contact.

screenshot_2015-07-28-23-52-00

• developer

Seems like an issue of your Contacts app. Which app do you use (firmware, version etc)? Can you try another app?

• I'm using a Samsung S3, Android 4.3 and the stock Contacts app. I realize that this is rather old SW, but the Contacts app can create events like birthdays or anniversaries for Google and device storage.
    Doesn't that mean that the app is capable of using that field? In any case, I can try another contacts app, but I wouldn't know which one to try. Any suggestions?

• Dmfs has a contacts editor app in the Playstore that is a replacement for such broken stock apps. Perhaps using that fixes your problem.

On 30 July 2015 08:22:37 CEST, "Helmut K. C. Tessarek" notifications@github.com wrote:

I'm using a Samsung S3, Android 4.3 and the stock Contacts app. I
    realize that this is rather old SW, but the Contacts app can create
    events like birthdays or anniversaries for Google and device storage.
    Doesn't that mean that the app is capable of using that field? In any
    case, I can try another contacts app, but I wouldn't know which one to
    try. Any suggestions?

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
    https://github.com/bitfireAT/davdroid/issues/588#issuecomment-126200323

--
    Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity.

• @untitaker thanks for the tip. This actually worked. I still don't quite understand why a stock app would limit functionality.

• developer

@tessus I'm sure its a feature ;)

So when this is working for you, I'm closing this issue here.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.