Contacts are being merged after sync

• I encountered this problem in previous versions but it still exists in davdroid 0.8.0. I sync with mailbox.org and even multiple phone numbers are no issue for me - they are getting synchronised as they should. My problem is, that sometimes (over night / after a new sync) two contacts get merged into one. For better understanding:

On Server:

1. Entry: Person A, mobile a, mail a,
    2. Entry: Person B, mobile b, phone b.

On my phone (after sync):

1. Entry: Person A, mobile a, mobile b, mail a, mail b

Which accounts are affected seems random to me. On the mailbox.org server, there are still Person A and Person B separately and unaffected. Several new setups of my account in davdroid only lead to a short-term solution.

• developer

This seems to be an issue of Android contact merging (for instance, see https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4979). DAVdroid synchronizes only raw contacts. Person A und Person B on the server are synced as two raw contacts on your device, but Android may merge them to one "contact" (not: "raw contact"). You can see this when the contact has two DAVdroid icons. In this case, you can split it in the Contacts app.

• Thanks for your answer!
    You are right. This is not a problem of DAVdroid, in fact, it's the android contacts behaviour that merges people randomly. Because affected accounts were totally unrelated I thought it was due to synchronizing - thanks for pointing out the solution! The 'split' option in the edit menu of the contacts restores both contacts separately.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.