Support for phonetic names

• One big issue that users of non-roman alphabets have is phonetic names. The way Google handles things, and I think their approach works very well, is via two custom entries, X-PHONETIC-FIRST-NAME and X-PHONETIC-LAST-NAME. If DAVdroid could sync these fields, that would be ideal.

Without phonetic name support, DAVdroid is ... well ... not very useful for people in Japan, China, or anywhere else where the standard alphabet is actually a character set (and not really an alphabet) with thousands of characters.

• developer

Thanks for your idea. I wasn't aware of this and have put it onto the "future features" list.

• I can get you more information on names and phonetic names in Japan (and China is similar to Japan) any time, should it be useful.

• The number of fields for the name (first, last, phonetic etc) has become rather long. Can you make it so that is uses a drop down, like it is done for the default phone contacts? On my phone, the default phone contacts show only filled in name fields, only after pressing a down arrow, all not filled in name fields are also shown.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.