Getting "400 Bad request" using versions newer that 0.7.3 on sync attempts

When upgrading to versions newer that 0.7.3 (from f-droid.org repo) any sync attempt with my owncloud provider (my.owndrive.com) return a "400 Bad request"
Android version is 4.4.2 (x86) on Asus Zenfone 5 (ASUS_T00J)

Thanks for your report. Please read Reporting issues and provide all information mentioned there, including detailled steps to reproduce the issue, client and server software details, and verbose logs.

I can understand that you think DAVdroid is the cause, but "400 Bad request" sounds like a server error to me.

Temporal relations are not necessarily causal relations.

Will try to get as much info as possible although my owncloud is a SaaS service, so i have no access to logs.
Anyway I have to say I am skeptical about a server issue, since by downgrading to 0.7.3 (from f-droid.org) I am now able to sync again...

it seems that removing the app and reinstalling it to the latest version (0.7.6 from f-droid) solved the issue. Thus probably something related to my terminal...
Thank you for the attention anyway

I'm here to confirm the error, I've hat the same problem with posteo.de (contacts okay, but error occured when syncing calendar afterwards). After downgrading, in my case to version 0.7.2 f-droid, the issue was gone.

I'll try the uninstall/reinstall solution mentioned by @IvanRossi and if problems persist in my case, provide detailed information on this.

I think the uninstall/reinstall approach solved it for me too. automatic as well as manually triggered syncronisations work without any notifications and my data is still there 😉

Thanks!

Just a small addition: I've found that posteo.de sometimes seems to block requests or so. I don't know exactly but sometimes it's not working or updating while we're testing before a new release. Hoewever: in all cases, after some time, snyc works again without problems.

One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. – Friedrich Nietzsche

I had the same issue with 0.7.7 using my own instance of OC server and uninstall/re-install helped, so it seems there is some issue with davdroid...

It seems that there are many other bugs that are possibly duplicates of this one: #411, #427, #508.

@IvanRossi Why did you re-open this issue? Did you experience problems again?

Temporal relations are not necessarily causal relations.

no just wanted to add some references, seems i clicked the wrong button to post my comments..

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.