Error connecting

• Please see the screen shot below. I'm using mac os server, trying to connect to the address book service. I can connect to this server using Evolution, so I know it is working. I can also connect to this server in firefox. I'm using cyanogenmod 10.2.1 .

davdroidissue

• developer

According to the error message, the server offers only unsupported SSL/TLS protocols. DAVdroid doesn't allow SSLv3 anymore (as it's now unsecure, see NIST recommendations). Is it possible that the server doesn't offer TLSv1+ but only SSLv3 or below?

I can connect to this server using Evolution, so I know it is working.

Evolution used SSLv3 only (yes, no TLS!) even at the time when POODLE was discovered. However, this was soon patched.

By the way, I think the path should be /principals instead of /principles.

• developer

Any news on this?

• You're right, principles is spelled wrong. I don't think that was the issue that caused the error above though based on all the testing I did do.

It's an older machine and it's likely has outdated SSL/TLS. Same thing with the evolution client version I was using to test with. It would be nice if the error message were more human readable though. Since this didn't work and I don't have time to update the server now, I'm not going to do any more troubleshooting and I disabled the address book service for security reasons after finding out that it didn't work. Any new server I build will not be mac os, so I'm not sure if further troubleshooting efforts would even be worthwhile with the current server.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.