Not working with owncloud 5.0.11 (debian)

• developer

Could you please test 0.3.4-alpha?

• If i Know how to compile it, yes.

• Hello,

I installed yesterday the latest 0.3.4 available on f-droid. Now, no more error seems to be reported by davdroid, but I’m unable to see my contacts in “people” app; and it seems to be the same case for the calendar.

I’ll try to provide some logcat output tomorrow evening (not available this evening, and device is at home).

Cheers,

C.

• Hey,

It worked for me. I just had to remove and re-add the accounts. Hope it works for you too.

Jeanneret Cedric notifications@github.com wrote:

Hello,

I installed yesterday the latest 0.3.4 available on f-droid. Now, no more error seems to be reported by davdroid, but I’m unable to see my contacts in “people” app; and it seems to be the same case for the calendar.

I’ll try to provide some logcat output tomorrow evening (not available this evening, and device is at home).

Cheers,

C.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub.

• Hello,

hmm, weird, was a brand new account (I removed all the davdroid accounts on my device in order to prevent any problem with my data ;))…
    Will give it a new try tomorrow then. If this works… wow, I’ll be able to remove the two app needing google-play, meaning I’ll be free for good! Davdroid is only love :).

• Just a short update from my side:
    After an update to owncloud 5.0.12 (from debian) and an update to DAVdroid 0.3.4-alpha from f-droid, DAVdroid still crashes. Removing and recreating the account on DAVdroid dose not change the behavior.

• hmm, ok — here, owncloud 5.0.12 with 0.3.4, no crash, but no data for now.
    For information, it seems there will be some announce tomorrow regarding owncloud — it may be wise to just wait for it.

• Better, but still no dice:

I/davdroid.SyncManager(17517): Adding 72f8f10318.vcf
    I/davdroid.SyncManager(17517): Adding 30f1c4ce99.vcf
    I/davdroid.SyncManager(17517): Adding 4556b975f1.vcf
    I/davdroid.SyncManager(17517): Adding c567349f1e.vcf
    I/davdroid.SyncManager(17517): Adding c3fc0fe0d8.vcf
    I/davdroid.SyncManager(17517): Adding c98a47e1d9.vcf
    E/JavaBinder(17517): !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(17517): Remote process (content provider?) died
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(17517): android.os.TransactionTooLargeException
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(17517):       at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Native Method)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(17517):       at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.applyBatch(ContentProviderNative.java:482)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(17517):       at android.content.ContentProviderClient.applyBatch(ContentProviderClient.java:227)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(17517):       at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.LocalCollection.commit(LocalCollection.java:159)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(17517):       at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.synchronize(SyncManager.java:147)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(17517):       at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.DavSyncAdapter.onPerformSync(DavSyncAdapter.java:56)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter(17517):       at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:257)
    D/SyncManager(  482): failed sync operation user@domain.org@mail.domain.org/owncloud/remote.php/carddav/ u0 (bitfire.at.davdroid), com.android.contacts, USER, earliestRunTime 79202490, reason: 1000, SyncResult: databaseError: true stats [ numInserts: 505]
    D/AccountTypeManager(17577): Registering external account type=bitfire.at.davdroid, packageName=at.bitfire.davdroid
    W/ResourceType(17577): getEntry failing because entryIndex 196 is beyond type entryCount 77
    W/ResourceType(17577): Failure getting entry for 0x7f0200c4 (t=1 e=196) in package 0 (error -2147483647)
    I/AccountTypeManager(17577): Loaded meta-data for 3 account types, 2 accounts in 25ms(wall) 6ms(cpu)

Maybe you need to split the transactions up into smaller chunks? I have 505 contacts and get that exception.

• Am 23.10.2013 14:02, schrieb Travis Burtrum:

Maybe you need to split the transactions up into smaller chunks? I
    have 505 contacts and get that exception.

Could be. 0.3.4 worked for me and I only have roughly 150 contacts.

• developer

Closing this because there are many different issues and I don’t know which ones are related.

I think I have fixed the “TransactionTooLargeException” issue with 0.3.5. and the parsing errors should be fixed since 0.3.4.

Please test with 0.3.5 and if you still get errors, create a specific issue with logcat attached (if possible) and the exact problem.