OwnCloud reports 404 on REPORT



  • Hello,

    I've updated davdroid from 0.6.10 to 0.6.10.1 by Google Play, afterwards the calendar sync doesn't work anymore. It is going to fail reproducable by a http error 404.
    Here are the Logs: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/19469ff95a77a5db4b9a
    I am using a OnePlus One with CyanogenMod 11 M11, so it is Android 4.4.4.
    I had to anonymize the logs, so the normalized URL is now called: /owncloud/remote.php/caldav/calendars/myusername/1stFirstName-2ndFirstNameSurname/20150103T234653Z-5627_7c15c8b329fe1c3.ics

    Do you need something else?
    Cheers,
    Florian

    edit:// CalDAV Server in use: ownCloud 7.0.4 (stable)


  • developer

    So the server responds with 404 to REPORT /owncloud/remote.php/caldav/calendars/myusername/1stFirstName-2ndFirstNameSurname/. Is this URL incorrect? According to the other URLs, it seems to be correct.



  • @rfc2822 thx for reviewing this! :-)
    <del>Yes, you're right</del>, here is the http weblog by apache
    https://gist.github.com/anonymous/476493b5fb1bf52666d3

    **** edited, added <del> tag



  • @rfc2822 edit for the above post, i do not edit because it is a gamechanger of my previos post .... I thought you asked if the URL is correct, but you asked if it is incorrect... however...

    I don't think that the URL is incorrect because the previous PROPFIND is working on this URL in the above posted weblog. but it failed on the REPORT method.
    How could I investigate further in this?
    Owncloud offers this URL by the webinterface as an export:
    https://examle.org/owncloud/remote.php/caldav/calendars/myusername/1stFirstName-2ndFirstNameSurname

    edit:/ By the way, I've already removed and re-added the account in davdroid - did not change the behavior



  • I am also seeing this. Upgraded to 0.6.10.1 and things stopped working with the error reported above. Other apps like Thunderbird still sync without issue, so I know that it's specific to davdroid.


  • developer

    I can't reproduce the problem with OwnCloud 7. I guess it's either server misconfiguration that prevents REPORT on this URL or an old OwnCloud version with problems.

    @vacy @apeiron Is it possible that your server forbids REPORT on calendar URLs?

    @apeiron Which server software do you use?

    Please provide steps to reproduce and information about your server software.

    Other apps like Thunderbird still sync without issue, so I know that it's specific to davdroid.

    Maybe Thunderbird doesn't use REPORT or it didn't try to fetch more than one event but DAVdroid did, so the REPORT issue just didn't arise with Thunderbird yet.



  • I'm getting the same issue. Though my log level is set to verbose, REPORT is never mentioned in my logs. DAVDroid is set to sync all my calendars. Inexplicably, it does sync some events (but not all) from 2 calendars, and no events from another calendar.

    I'm also using ownCloud 7.0.4 and Apache 2.2.22.


  • developer

    @brortao You have to set the HttpClient and Wire logs to VERBOSE (see https://github.com/bitfireAT/davdroid/wiki/How-to-view-the-logs).

    I can't reproduce the problem with OwnCloud 7. I guess it's either server misconfiguration that prevents REPORT on this URL or an old OwnCloud version with problems.

    Please report this issue to OwnCloud.



  • Its crazy... It seems that not the update of davdroid caused the issue.
    I've a 2nd Phone in sync with another owncloud account, but it is sharing this special calendar across the accounts. It has shown up that the calendar did also not sync 0.6.10 - but it did not throw an error.
    I think to remember that the error notifications has been added with 0.6.10.1.
    How I fixed that now: exported the calendar in owncloud, deleted calendar, re-added calendar and imported the backup.
    Then reconfigured davdroid on the phone -> fixed.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.