TRANSP:OPAQUE
    X-MOZ-LASTACK:20140917T202800Z
    X-LIC-ERROR;X-LIC-ERRORTYPE=VALUE-PARSE-ERROR:No value for DESCRIPTION prop
     erty. Removing entire property:
    X-MOZ-GENERATION:1
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

• developer

1. According to RFC 2445, folding (splitting long lines) is done with <CR><LF><single linear whitespace character> (section 4.1). It seems that your content files don’t contain the <LF> character, in which case ical4j (in strict mode) doesn’t recognize multi-line content (which is correct) and reports a parsing error (also correct).

2. However, until now, the ical4j option “relaxed unfolding” was set in a configuration file. It seems like this way of configuration doesn’t work with gradle anymore. So, since 0.6.9, ical4j was operating in strict mode.

Can you please verify that the ics files don’t contain <LF> in the multi-line breaks?

• developer

DAVdroid 0.6.10.1 has relaxed parsing again, so it should work again. However, I strongly recommend to fix your iCal files because they are incorrect (in case it’s really the <LF> problem).

• Well… For me it looks like the ics is correct. Attached a screenshot of one event in notepad++.
    The line ends with <CR><LF> and the new line starts with a space.

ics

• developer

Please try with DAVdroid 0.6.10.1. If it doesn’t work, please post a binary version of a non-working iCalendar so that I can reproduce the issue.

• What is a binary version? Is it just an exported ics file?

• developer

Yes, but as attachment so that I can see whether there’s CRLF or only CR.

icalj4 also has an Outlook compatilibity switch which was disabled in DAVdroid >= 0.6.9 and <= 0.6.10, so for Outlook-generated files, there might be some issues that will be ignored now again. Also, relaxed parsing has been re-enabled.

Could you already test with 0.6.10.1?

• Just testet 0.6.10.1. Folding is working again.
    My events that were missing (in 0.6.10) are syncing correctly now.

Thanks @rfc2822

• Works also for me now.
    Anyway, here you can find one ICS: https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/RdS52Ow0

Thanks for your support.

• developer

Ok, good that it now works, so I’ll close this.