Contacts (4 Address Books) not syncing with my SOGo account

• Nexus 4, have been on Android 4.4.4 with latest DavDroid for well over a month.

I would love to donate - and was prepared to do so when I found DavDroid - but, I'd like to actually get it fully working first.

I'm connecting to my company SOGo account, and Calendars (all 4 of them) seem to be syncing fine.

But I'm not seeing any of my Contacts. The only Contacts showing are my Google Contacts.

I have 4 Address Books - My personal, and 3 that I have full Admin rights to - that all work fine with Thunderbird+Lightning+SOGo extension (Integrator+Connector), and all syncing works fine on an iPhone/iPad (confirmed they work with my SOGo account on my wife's iPhone), but I've tried everything and can't get them to show up on my Nexus 4.

I just updated to Android 5, but still no go...

Anyone have any clues?

• I know its the holidays, but I'm hoping I can get this working before I leave for an extended trip out of the country on Dec 4th next week...

• Same with me. I'm connecting to my email provider's SOGo account, and Calendars syncing perfectly well. However, I'm getting errors when syncing my address book. I've just recently upgraded to Android 5.0 on a Nexus 4. I'm running Davdroid 0.6.7.1. Any hints on how to resolve/work around this issue are very much appreciated.
    Thx
    Andi

• admin

@tanstaafl did you ensure clicking "contacts to display" in your contacts app? see screenshots below.

Also keep in mind that Android allows only one Address book per account. This does not apply to calendars - multiple cals are allowed per account. It's a decision by Google Android developers. You need to create multiple accounts with DAVdroid. It can however only be displayed one collection of contacts using the options shown in the screenshots below.

contactstodisplay
    contactstodisplay2

• admin

@andreas-wei1 can you send us logs from your phone when the error occurs? a small tutorial can be found here: https://github.com/bitfireAT/davdroid/wiki/How-to-view-the-logs

this is needed to have a deeper look at this error since we cannot reproduce it

• @devvv4ever: Pulled this from the logs:

D/davdroid.SyncManager( 8959): Adding C65D300F-A6C0-0001-5A19-14C050F0BB40.vcf
    D/davdroid.LocalCollection( 8959): Committing 13 operations
    E/JavaBinder( 8959): !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): Local storage (content provider) exception
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.LocalStorageException: Couldn't access local content provider
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.LocalCollection.commit(LocalCollection.java:314)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.LocalAddressBook.commit(LocalAddressBook.java:148)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.pullNew(SyncManager.java:194)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.synchronize(SyncManager.java:88)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.DavSyncAdapter.onPerformSync(DavSyncAdapter.java:134)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:259)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): Caused by: android.os.TransactionTooLargeException
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at android.os.BinderProxy.transactNative(Native Method)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Binder.java:496)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.applyBatch(ContentProviderNative.java:517)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at android.content.ContentProviderClient.applyBatch(ContentProviderClient.java:377)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.LocalCollection.commit(LocalCollection.java:311)
    E/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): 	... 5 more
    I/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): Sync complete for com.android.contacts
    D/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 8959): Closing httpClient

• On 11/30/2014 11:57 AM, devvv4ever notifications@github.com wrote:

Also keep in mind that Android allows only one Address book per account.
    This does not apply to calendars - multiple cals are allowed per
    account. It's a decision by Google Android developers. You need to
    create multiple accounts with DAVdroid. It can however oly be displayed
    one collection of contacts using the options shown in the screenshots below.

Ok, so, just to be clear...

If I have 4 Address Books on my SOGo server that I want to sync, I have
    to add 4 different DavDroid accounts, one for each?

And, I can only see one at a time and have to manually switch between them?

Ugh...

Is there a different 'Contacts' app that I can install that supports
    multiple Address Books/Groups (or whatever is needed)?

iPhone syncs these perfectly, and natively, too...

• developer

If I have 4 Address Books on my SOGo server that I want to sync, I have to add 4 different DavDroid accounts, one for each?

Yes. That's the way Android (not DAVdroid) handles contacts – one address book per account. Of course DAVdroid could hack around by creating multiple accounts itself, but that would be unlogical and even more confusing.

And, I can only see one at a time and have to manually switch between them?

You can see all at once in the Contacts app (Contacts to display > All contacts, see screenshot above).

• developer

Is this issue resolved?

• Yes - sorry - didn't realize i had to create an account for each Address
    Book...

iPhone you don't have to do that...

It would also be nice to be able to see themn all at once - but I guess
    this is an Android issue?

On 12/12/2014 11:20 AM, rfc2822 notifications@github.com wrote:

Is this issue resolved?

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
    https://github.com/bitfireAT/davdroid/issues/378#issuecomment-66794994.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.