Cannot Add Contacts. Asks for new sync account every time.

• Hello. I am having an issue adding contacts using the default "People" app in Cyanogen 11. I have added and synced my contacts from my OwnCloud instance but cannot add new contacts. It simply says that my contacts will not be synced unless I add an account but I have already added the account as evidenced by my contacts showing up. Even if I remove the account and add it via the contacts app with a new contact it will work but ask me to add a new account if I go to add another. Any suggestions? I do not know if this is a davdroid problem or some issue with my build of Cyanogen.

I am using a Droid X running the latest CM version I have found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2670547

Davdroid Version: 0.6.3 via F-Droid.

Thank you for your time!

• developer

Please provide steps to reproduce and screenshots, because this problem is not known until now.

• Interesting. I re-flashed and chose to NOT install GApps and it works fine now. My goal was a semi Google free experience but now it seems I have to go all the way lol. Unfortunately I did this before reading your reply so I didn't get to document the steps or use logcat to help weed out the problem. Thanks for the help!

• Okay, I have this same problem.

• CM11 M11 on a Galaxy S2, quite fresh install, no sim, airplane mode, no GApps.
    • davdroid 0.6.6 (latest) from f-droid.
    • Radicale via http (LAN) as my carddav server
    • Added account via davdroid launcer or via Settings/Accounts, doesn't make a difference.
    • Going to People/Contacts app, I see my contacts. I can edit existing contacts.
    • Pressing the "Add Contact" button pops up the dialog to setup a new account.

I used to have the permission system enabled by default in CM (for new Apps), but I already marked davdroid as not affected/may do everything. So I doubt that this is the problem. I also now have disabled the "for new apps" thing. I could reinstall davdroid, but I doubt it will make a difference.

BIG Update:

1. I used to have the phone in "airplane mode" (because I don't have a sim yet for that phone). Disabling airplane mode FIXES the problem. I have no idea, why.

• developer

I used to have the permission system enabled by default in CM (for new Apps), but I already marked davdroid as not affected/may do everything. So I doubt that this is the problem.

That's OK. I use it, too – as long as DAVdroid is allowed to access the contacts and calendars, it will work.

but cannot add new contacts

Using the Contacts app?

Going to People/Contacts app, I see my contacts. I can edit existing contacts.
    Pressing the "Add Contact" button pops up the dialog to setup a new account.

So… why do you think its an issue of DAVdroid? If I understand correctly, the problem seems to be in the Contacts app?

• Please see my edited post: I have found, that airplaine-mode seems to be the problem.

Like the OP, "I do not know if this is a davdroid problem or some issue with my build of Cyanogen." There is a good chance of the problem being in CM and not in davdroid.

So if you say, that this is very likely a CM problem, anyone (I don't know, when I will have time) can file a bug at CM. We can then put a link to the relevant CM issue here.and close this request/question.

• developer

Ok. If it's a DAVdroid issue, please just post here again, I'll flag it as 3rd-party bug in the meanwhile.

• I was also using airplane mode when I was having problems. But when I reinstalled and didn't install the Gapps it still worked while in airplane mode so I am not sure what that means.

• As already said: I am not sure!
    I can only easily reproduce this on CM+Davdroid. So it's not easy for me to tell, which one is the problem.

• developer

By the way, I have a Galaxy S2 with CM11, too. Just tried to add a contact in Airplane mode and have the same issue. May I'll have a look into this....

• developer

• By the way, I have a Galaxy S2 with CM11, too. Just tried to add a contact in Airplane mode and have the same issue.

Okay, so this is "reproducible by the maintainer" – Good!

http://www.android-hilfe.de/aosp-aokp-basierende-custom-roms-fuer-samsung-galaxy-s3/509561-rom-i9300-4-4-4-offizieller-cyanogenmod-11-a-1230.html#post8087249 seems to be the same problem.

So the probability for "General problem in CM11" increases. Thanks for digging this up.

• developer

I also have an Exchange account that provides Contacts and I get this message in airplane mode, so I guess it can't be a DAVdroid problem - I can't add contacts to the Exchange account, too.

So I assume it's a non-DAVdroid issue until further information is available.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.