TransactionTooLargeException when "Removing non-dirty resources that are not present remotely anymore"

• @untitaker Okay, who I must contact for this bug to be fixed?
    My app randomly crashes because of it.

• There is already an issue open. Don’t take out rights for yourself you don’t have. Prioritizing your issues over others is one of them.

• @untitaker Previous issue about that bug was closed by Google as Obsolete, so it is YOU who taken out rights for yourself you don’t have. There is NO BUG and you’re taking precious time by claiming there is. (/sarcasm)

Seriously, do you understand the SCALE of the problem? Currently I have “hello world” program with one Activity and one Button that uses Bluetooth and crashes randomly on Nexus 6 due to that bug.

All other critical bugs in other Android frameworks aren’t fixed for YEARS too.

So, who I must contact at Google for them to be fixed? I’ve paid them for my developer account and bought 5 android devices.

• I’ve paid them for my developer account and bought 5 android devices.

This does not give you that right. I also don’t contact random employees at GitHub at their private email addresses to get problems in their Web UI fixed. When Twitter crashes I don’t email its founder, although he technically authored the site.

If Dianne doesn’t maintain Binder anymore, I don’t really know what you’re trying to accomplish. The decision to remove that limit is not in her power. If you know that she still maintains that subsystem, you might have success getting that bug fixed, but either way, I personally wouldn’t like to be contacted that way.

Seriously, do you understand the SCALE of the problem?

I couldn’t care less.

• @untitaker the difference is that GitHub and Twitter fix their bugs, bug Google doesn’t — instead it mass-closes Issues about them (and soon bugtracker itself).

If Dianne doesn’t maintain Binder anymore, I don’t really know what you’re trying to accomplish.

She can tell about the problem to the man who maintains Binder. Anyway, it is more effective than reporting to issue tracker no one reads and which will be closed on August 25th.

• @untitaker

I couldn’t care less.

Your choice. But then at least don’t call by the “harassment” the actions of ones who do care.

• I am not arguing against your strategies’ effectiveness, but politeness.

• @untitaker when critical bugs are never get fixed by commercial company, it is all natural to email bug’s subsystem’s original author who: 1. Works at the company. 2. Have personal website dedicated to that subsystem with its original source code published on it. 3. Have G+ page dedicated to Android development where she discusses new Android programming features with the public.

Google just haven’t left us any other choice to make Google aware of all this Android crap. It closes critical issues on the tracker without fixing them for YEARS.

• NOTAPROBLEM HAHA

That is not what she replied, and while I can’t judge whether her answer is reasonable, it definetly seems that way to me. Also you posted your request in an entirely unrelated conversation.

• @untitaker please link the related conversation then.

And she replied that its not a bug. So you can close your issue now. 🙂

• please link the related conversation then

I have no idea what you mean by that.

• @untitaker And I have no idea why you think this conversation is unrelated.

• The post of Dianne that you replied to was: “As usual, great talk for developers on what is new in the next release!”

• If you think that is unrelated post, then please link related discussion.

Hint: there isn’t any because Google closes Issues as Obsolete.

• @untitaker Dianne replied — not a bug, it is you who does something wrong. I think you can close your issue now. 🙂

• Not sure, if this gets picked up, but as described in another thread, I have the same problem.
    https://forums.bitfire.at/topic/743/calendar-crashes-syncing-with-transactiontoolargeexception

I checked how many calendar entries I have and it is ~5500 distributed over 5 calendars. That does not sound too much in my ears. So what to do now?

Regards
    Chris

• developer

I checked how many calendar entries I have and it is ~5500 distributed over 5 calendars. That does not sound too much in my ears. So what to do now?

Indeed. Can you please post the logs as a gist so that we can be sure where the problem is? According to my calculations, ~ 30.000 entries (in 1 calendar) should be the limit.

The next goal for DAVdroid is to integrate it with ical4android. In the course of this, the sync. algorithm will also be overhauled. It seems reasonable for me that the deletion could be split into more transactions because it’s not an incosistent state when some entries are already deleted and some are not.