Calendar sync does not work with posteo.de

• Summary:
    I want to synchronize calendar and contacts with posteo account. Synchronization of contacts is working.

Problem:
    Android calendar has been synchronized with posteo, but not all appointments have been synchronized to server. If I trigger a new synchronization via "Settings > Account DavDroid > Synchronize Now" the synchronization will somehow run, but actually modifications will not be synchronized. Timestamp of last synchronization does not change though no "synchronization error" is shown. Neither server modifications nor local modifications are synchronized anymore.

Recovery:
    No recovery. I tried to solve the problem by using a new account, but that did not help out.

Log:
    https://gist.github.com/anonymous/0147b82420ffe723c2a3

DavDroid 0.6.2 from Google Play Store
    Android 4.4.4
    Motorola Moto G
    Server: posteo.de with activated encryption for contacts and calendar

• related to #302 ;-)

• developer

I/davdroid.SyncManager( 7905): Uploading 1127 new resource(s) (if not existing)
    D/davdroid.SNISocketFactory( 7905): Preparing direct SSL connection (without proxy) to https://posteo.de:8443
    D/davdroid.SNISocketFactory( 7905): Using documented SNI with host name posteo.de
    I/davdroid.SNISocketFactory( 7905): Established TLSv1.2 connection with posteo.de using SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): Soft HTTP error 500 (Android will try again later)
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): at.bitfire.davdroid.webdav.HttpException: 500 Internal Server Error
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.webdav.WebDavResource.checkResponse(WebDavResource.java:424)
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.webdav.WebDavResource.checkResponse(WebDavResource.java:397)
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.webdav.WebDavResource.put(WebDavResource.java:367)
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.RemoteCollection.add(RemoteCollection.java:144)
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.pushNew(SyncManager.java:140)
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.synchronize(SyncManager.java:46)
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): 	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.DavSyncAdapter.onPerformSync(DavSyncAdapter.java:133)
    W/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): 	at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:259)
    I/davdroid.DavSyncAdapter( 7905): Sync complete for com.android.calendar

1. Is it correct that you have inserted 1127 events which shall be synchronized?
    2. According to the logs, DAVdroid received HTTP 500 Internal Server Error from posteo, so it might be that it's a Posteo issue.

To see which request caused the HTTP error 500, please activate verbose logs and provide logs that contain the actual network traffic.

• I missed to switch on verbose mode. Sorry for that.

New log file with activated verbose mode: https://gist.github.com/fabianheld/e312a4032865bf577370

• developer

New log file with activated verbose mode: https://gist.github.com/fabianheld/e312a4032865bf577370

The upload of the resources (PUT request) failed with 500 Internal Server Error. Can you please report this to Posteo, mentioning this issue report?

Maybe it's also because the event has DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20090117T100000 but RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;UNTIL=20080301T170000Z;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=SA which means "Starting on 17 Jan 2009, every Week on Saturday until 1 Mar 2008" which doesn't make sense.

• Thanks for your support. I contacted Posteo to double-check this.

• You have been right. Posteo verified that the error is caused by the broken event. After I have removed the event synchronization works now.

Thanks for your support!

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.