Can't edit davdroid events on ical due to organizer field

• Hi,

Events created with the davdroid account on my android 4.4 device are correctly synced with my owncloud instance. But I can't edit those events with iCal on Mavericks (10.9.4).

I think it's because of the organizer field. I see no possibility to tell iCal on my macbook, that I'm the same organizer that the one that comes with the davdroid events...

Is it possible to leave the organizer field empty? Or do you have another hint for solving this issue?

Thanks

• developer

As shown in the setup activity, Android will automatically use the account name as ORGANIZER. Theoretically, DAVdroid could use another (or no) ORGANIZER name, but that may have other consequences.

Can you use the same ORGANIZER that your Mac client expects/uses as the DAVdroid account name?

• No, there seems no possibility in mavericks own iCal app to set/use an
    organizer for caldav accounts.

meanwhile i use caldav-sync by Marten Gajda, where i can deactivate
    syncing of organizer and participants fields. but i would pretty much
    prefer using your app as its open source...

On 08/01/2014 01:41 PM, rfc2822 wrote:

As shown in the setup activity, Android will automatically use the
    account name as ORGANIZER. Theoretically, DAVdroid could use another
    (or no) ORGANIZER name, but that may have other consequences.

Can you use the same ORGANIZER that your Mac client expects/uses as
    the DAVdroid account name?

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
    https://github.com/rfc2822/davdroid/issues/292#issuecomment-50875174.

• developer

No, there seems no possibility in mavericks own iCal app to set/use an organizer for caldav accounts.

I'll try to test these ORGANIZER issues with Mavericks Calendar and Contacts Server.

• Hi,
    I had exactly the same problem. The I noticed, that iCal is using your system users Full name (not login) as the organizer. So I had a look at the Users & Groups settings of my system account and recognized the Contact Card setting. So I added my mail address (same as in davdroid) to the contact and it worked again.

Might be a good hint for FAQ or so :)

• developer

@befedi Thanks for finding this out and posting here.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.