Make testing of caldav/cardav link optional

• When trying to test if link is a caldav/carddav source it sends an OPTIONS request, which is not present/allowed on all servers. If you could make this optional with a checkbox, users could use this alternative way to include their calendars/contacts. Of course typomistakes would be the users problem then.

• developer

When trying to test if link is a caldav/carddav source it sends an OPTIONS request, which is not present/allowed on all servers. If you could make this optional with a checkbox, users could use this alternative way to include their calendars/contacts. Of course typomistakes would be the users problem then.

Well-known links are optional. If they're not detected or there's an error at detection, DAVdroid continues as normal.

If it does not, it is a bug.

If this is your issue, please give detailled steps to reproduce and more information about your configuration.

• That is a misterious thing. I am working to fix the problem. The
    installation is an OwnCloud 6. Do you have any knowledge about problems
    with this version?

2014-07-21 13:05 GMT+02:00 rfc2822 notifications@github.com:

When trying to test if link is a caldav/carddav source it sends an OPTIONS
    request, which is not present/allowed on all servers. If you could make
    this optional with a checkbox, users could use this alternative way to
    include their calendars/contacts. Of course typomistakes would be the users
    problem then.

Well-known links are optional. If they're not detected or there's an error
    at detection, DAVdroid continues as normal.

If it does not, it is a bug.

If this is your issue, please give detailled steps to reproduce and more
    information about your configuration.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
    https://github.com/rfc2822/davdroid/issues/284#issuecomment-49593234.

• developer

The installation is an OwnCloud 6. Do you have any knowledge about problems with this version?

No, works here.

• developer

In case of HTTP errors, 0.6 shows "Neither CalDAV nor CardDAV available" instead of the HTTP error message; this is fixed with 0.6.1.

• I am using 0.5.14-alpha.... could this be the issue?

2014-07-24 22:29 GMT+02:00 rfc2822 notifications@github.com:

In case of HTTP errors, 0.6 shows "Neither CalDAV nor CardDAV available"
    instead of the HTTP error message; this is fixed with 0.6.1.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
    https://github.com/rfc2822/davdroid/issues/284#issuecomment-50073484.

• developer

I am using 0.5.14-alpha.... could this be the issue?

Don't know. Could you please try the latest version? I'm not going to debug old versions.

• developer

Any news on this issue?

• Just can say that issue still is not solved. I am testing different variations of setup at the moment. Newest Version did not help. Sad thing...

Von Samsung Mobile gesendet

<div>-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------</div><div>Von: rfc2822 notifications@github.com </div><div>Datum:10.08.2014 18:49 (GMT+01:00) </div><div>An: rfc2822/davdroid davdroid@noreply.github.com </div><div>Cc: ttweb dipl.ing.thomas.schaefer@gmail.com </div><div>Betreff: Re: [davdroid] Make testing of caldav/cardav link optional (#284) </div><div>
    </div>Any news on this issue?

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub.

• developer

Just can say that issue still is not solved. I am testing different variations of setup at the moment. Newest Version did not help. Sad thing...

Can you please read Reporting issues and provide all information mentioned there, including detailled steps to reproduce and verbose logs?

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.