New aCalendar+ events are synchronized with status "tentative"

• Hi,

I am faced with the problem that events created with aCalendar+ are synchronized with status "TENTATIVE" and hence shown as "tentative" by the Lightning plug-in of Thunderbird.
    The aCalendar+ developer told me, that he does not set the "tentative" status and that the problem must be related to the sync adapter.

My configuration is:

DAVdroid/0.5.14-alpha from Google Play Store
    Sony Z1 Compact running Andoid 4.4.2
    OwnCloud 5 hosted on WHS 2007

The debug log is available at:

https://gist.github.com/tools400/2c77bffa9201fdd24085

Thanks,

Thomas.

• developer

As you can see in LocalCalendar.java line 312, TENTATIVE is set in the event when Events.STATUS is STATUS_TENTATIVE in the database.

Could you please provide a link to the discussion with the aCalendar+ developer(s) or invite them to the issue here?

• Your switch{} block looks bullet-proof. No doubt, that works. I invented the aCalendar+ developer and I hope that he will join the issue here.

• same problem for me: events created with aCalendar+ are synchronized with status "TENTATIVE".
    Creating events in Android native calendar are synchronised normally.
    using: baikal on synology (DSM 5.0), Davdroid, aCalendar+.

• developer

same problem for me: events created with aCalendar+ are synchronized with status "TENTATIVE".
    Creating events in Android native calendar are synchronised normally.
    using: baikal on synology (DSM 5.0), Davdroid, aCalendar+.

As discussed above, this seems to be an aCalendar+ problem. Please report it there.

• The problem has been traced down to be related to the aCalendar+ App. From what I understood, the App does not set the "Status" field. I assume that TENTATIVE is the default. I am waiting for an update.

• developer

Thanks, so I will close this issue here now, but if there are any updates, feel free to post here again.

• Hi folks! I just want to join here because I was facing this issue with aCalendar+ for a couple of months and then switched to Business Calendar Pro just do find it having the same issue.

I don't know if this will ever get fixed by the devs of these apps, but my suggestion & wish is to have the Davdroid calendar provider not default to TENTATIVE in case of an undefined status, but default to CONFIRMED instead.

• This issue has been fixed with the latest update of aCalendar+.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.