FR: subscribe to public ICS/XML calendar

• Is there any app at all who can do this? I'm finding a lot of instructions to subscribe via Google Calendar, which then syncs the calendar down to Android.

However a dedicated feature in DavDroid for this would be very welcome. Please consider adding it. I'd gladly vote with my money if you decide to use a some crowd-funding tool like bountysource.com, App.net Backer etc.

• developer

Thanks for your suggestion.

We have already considered this and would like it (it's on our "projects that would be nice to have" list), but it would be an extra app because it's in no way related to CalDAV.

Personally, I was very confused by people mixing ICS subscription and CalDAV synchronization although those are two very different things: CalDAV is a complex protocol based on WebDAV, there are features like appointments and invitations etc. Much of DAVdroid's code is dedicated to the CalDAV protocol.

It should however be possible to use some parts of DAVdroid for ICS subscription.

• I know they are different protocols, but presumably, one app is not fundamentally restricted to one, is it?

• developer

I know they are different protocols, but presumably, one app is not fundamentally restricted to one, is it?

I think such an app should not be called DAVdroid because that would confuse users (like me before I investigated the differences).

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.