Issue: DAVdroid can't connect my server ownCloud 6 and returns "Cannot verify hostname" during the carddav or caldav account creation
DAVdroid version: 0.5.12-alpha version.
Android version: 4.4.2
Certificate: StartSSL class 1
CalDAV URL: https://my_domain/remote.php/caldav/
CardDAV URL: https://my_domain/remote.php/carddav/
I use "CardDav-Sync free" and "CalDav Sync Adapter" which work both fine with my server. But I would prefer use a single open source application for carddav and caldav.
No error returned by https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html (Rating A+)
- Protocols: TLS 1.2 (Yes); TLS 1.1 (Yes); TLS 1.0 (Yes); SSL 3 ( Yes); SSL 2 (YesD)
No error returned by http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html
- The certificate should be trusted by all major web browsers (all the correct intermediate certificates are installed).
- The certificate was issued by StartCom.
- The certificate will expire in 364 days
- The hostname is correctly listed in the certificate.
I tested the same DAVdroid application with a self-signed certificate and I was able to connect my server but the limitation on the PIN/password for unlocking the device and the fact that the certificate has to be deployed on each terminal is a clear show stopper for me.
Any help is welcome...