Horde: CardDAV sync creates "empty" fields for contacts



  • I have recently switched from ownCloud to Horde as my CardDAV server. Now there is a weird bug, which is also present when using the app "CardDAV Sync". I have already notified the developers there of the bug, and I figured I would do so here as well.

    The problem is visible in the screenshots. You see an empty "pager" line for each of my contacts. There is even more "empty" fields that are synced from Horde: e.g. the private address, an empty Fax address, and a birthday of "1st of January 1970", i.e. the start of Unix time. This problem even happens on completely new address books that were just created in Horde.

    The problem does NOT appear at first when a contact is created on Android in the DAVdroid account, but when the DAVdroid account is deleted and re-created, the wrong, "empty" information is again added to the contacts. So I suspect that Horde is sending data that should be interpreted as "there is no entry here", while DAVdroid understands it as "there is empty entry here". The bug does NOT happen with Desktop apps, so I suppose there might be different interpretations as to how to implement the CardDAV standard here - or perhaps it is also just a Horde bug.

    On my server, I am running Horde Groupware 5.1.3, in case that matters.
    screenshot1
    screenshot2


  • developer

    Quite many Horde problems recently… please provide logs and/or a test account (to play@bitfire.at)



  • I have the same problem with Horde 5.1.4.
    I can't export log today. I will try to provide log and maybe a test account in a couple of days.

    But I found this bug report : http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12782

    I have tested the patch but I got the same problem.

    And if I browse the Dav share (https://myserver/horde/rpc.php) i got this :

    I can browse to addressbooks/-system-/contacts. If I understood correctly this is this way DavDroid get the adressbooks.
    A exemple of VCard :

    BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:3.0
    UID:b3229401-bd7b-4060-8b6b-eaaaaaaaaaaa
    NICKNAME:
    X-EPOCSECONDNAME:
    BDAY:
    X-ANNIVERSARY:
    X-SPOUSE:
    PHOTO:
    TZ;VALUE=text:
    EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET:
    TEL;TYPE=HOME,VOICE:
    TEL;TYPE=FAX,HOME:
    TEL;TYPE=WORK,VOICE:
    TEL;TYPE=CELL,VOICE:06 00 00 00 00
    TEL;TYPE=FAX:
    TEL;TYPE=PAGER:
    TITLE:
    ROLE:
    LOGO:
    CATEGORIES:
    NOTE:
    URL:
    X-WV-ID:
    N:Test;Test;;;
    FN:Test Test
    ORG:;
    ADR;TYPE=HOME:;;;;;;
    ADR;TYPE=WORK:;;;;;;
    END:VCARD
    

    But if I go directly to the adresssbook with the WebDav URL (https://myserver/horde/rpc.php/turba/myname/adressbookid/)
    I got this for each Vcard:

    BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:2.1
    UID:b3229401-bd7b-4060-8b6b-eaaaaaaaaaaaa
    TEL;CELL;VOICE:06 00 00 00 00
    N:Test;Test;;;
    FN:Test Test
    END:VCARD
    

    Without the patch on Horde I got a few empty fields on this part.

    I don't know the VCard and WebDav specification, but there is 2 differences between the two Vcard, the Vcard version (3 versus 2.1) and the empty fields.


  • developer

    This is a Horde problem. I don't think it would be wise to work-around this problem in DAVdroid.

    I don't know the VCard and WebDav specification, but there is 2 differences between the two Vcard, the Vcard version (3 versus 2.1) and the empty fields.

    CardDAV only uses VCard 3 (and, if supported by the client, VCard 4, but DAVdroid only supports VCard 3).

    Please follow up at http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12782 (thanks @cdrcnm).



  • If the patch for Horde did not solve thr issue, please report that in Horde bugtracker.

    On 4. April 2014 19:32:11 MESZ, cdrcnm notifications@github.com wrote:

    I have the same problem with Horde 5.1.4.
    I can't export log today. I will try to provide log and maybe a test
    account in a couple of days.

    But I found this bug report : http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12782

    I have tested the patch but I got the same problem.

    And if I browse the Dav share (https://myserver/horde/rpc.php) i got
    this :

    With the CardDAV Account URL
    I can browse to addressbooks/-system-/contacts. If I understood
    correctly this is this way DavDroid get the adressbooks.

    BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:3.0
    UID:b3229401-bd7b-4060-8b6b-eaaaaaaaaaaa
    NICKNAME:
    X-EPOCSECONDNAME:
    BDAY:
    X-ANNIVERSARY:
    X-SPOUSE:
    PHOTO:
    TZ;VALUE=text:
    EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET:
    TEL;TYPE=HOME,VOICE:
    TEL;TYPE=FAX,HOME:
    TEL;TYPE=WORK,VOICE:
    TEL;TYPE=CELL,VOICE:06 00 00 00 00
    TEL;TYPE=FAX:
    TEL;TYPE=PAGER:
    TITLE:
    ROLE:
    LOGO:
    CATEGORIES:
    NOTE:
    URL:
    X-WV-ID:
    N:Test;Test;;;
    FN:Test Test
    ORG:;
    ADR;TYPE=HOME:;;;;;;
    ADR;TYPE=WORK:;;;;;;
    END:VCARD
    

    But if I go directly to the adresssbook with the WebDav URL
    (https://myserver/horde/rpc.php/turba/myname/adressbookid/)
    I got this :

    BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:2.1
    UID:b3229401-bd7b-4060-8b6b-eaaaaaaaaaaaa
    TEL;CELL;VOICE:06 00 00 00 00
    N:Test;Test;;;
    FN:Test Test
    END:VCARD
    

    Without the patch on Horde I got a few empty fields on this part.

    I don't know the VCard and WebDav specification, but there is 2
    differences between the two Vcard, the Vcard version (3 versus 2.1) and
    the empty fields.


    Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
    https://github.com/rfc2822/davdroid/issues/226#issuecomment-39590527

    --
    Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail gesendet.


  • developer

    Seems to be fixed in Upstream! http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12782#c12


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.