Add/delete/update collections of existing accounts

• When adding a new calendar on the server DAVdroid doesn't give the option to start syncing it. The only way I could find is to delete the account and re-add it to get the option to sync the new calendar.

An option to edit an existing account and add/remove calendars to sync from it would be much more user-friendly.

• developer

When adding a new calendar on the server DAVdroid doesn't give the option to start syncing it. The only way I could find is to delete the account and re-add it to get the option to sync the new calendar.

Yes, see here: http://davdroid.bitfire.at/faq/entry/editing-davdroid-accounts

An option to edit an existing account and add/remove calendars to sync from it would be much more user-friendly.

Of course. Pull requests are welcome, but I guess this will be hard work.

• Vote!

• developer

+1

Pull requests are welcome!

• +1

Create calendar feature is welcome as well.

• developer

Indeed, please feel free to implement it.

• How about starting a bounty fund for this feature via https://www.bountysource.com/trackers/446432-rfc2822-davdroid ?

• developer

I'm not sure how to handle the situation when remote collections are added or deleted. Do you have a suggestion how these things could be handled in the user-interface?

• It could be similar to what CalDav Sync adapter does: new calendar just appears in "Calendars to sync" section.

• Actually it might make sense to just skip "choose which calendars to sync" part from DAVDroid interface since there's another place to do this.

• developer

Actually it might make sense to just skip "choose which calendars to sync" part from DAVDroid interface since there's another place to do this.

Thanks for the hint. Now when explicitly looking for it, I have found such a dialog in the stock Android calendar app – I have never seen it before.

• You are welcome. BTW CalDav Sync adapter just pops up a notification whenever the list of available calendars changes, and automatically synchronizes new calendars. Seems reasonable.

• as an answer to the last comment: I've just raised an issue for caldav sync adapter because in some cases just syncing all calendars found is probably not a good idea because of the amount of calendars and data within those.

• I also want to vote for this feature, because as of right now I see no way to synchronize with a calendar from another user shared via "CalDAV delegation".

Additional info about my situation: I'm using Baikal 0.2.7 which doesn't support CalDAV delegation right now. However the underlaying sabre/dav does, so I added read/write proxies manually (http://sabre.io/dav/caldav-proxy/). Now I'm not able to add a calendar to DAVdroid located at cal.php/calendars/user_b/default/ as user_a, although I set the access rights (works with Lightning).

• I'm in the same situation of st3f4n: running SabreDAV on my home server, can't access delegate calendars.
    From any other side, Davdroid works very well (and in fact I just donated :-)

• How does this bug relate to #243?

My current impression:

• This bug is more like "Server has a bunch of collections/calendars (some might be new!), and user wants to (de)select some".
    • While #243 seems to be more specific about the "collection/calendar on server was deleted, how to properly handle that?"

(from rfc2822)

I'm not sure how to handle the situation when remote collections are added or deleted. Do you have a suggestion how these things could be handled in the user-interface?

For the intend of "changing selection, including adding new ones":
    What about splitting the collection selection in the setup process on its own page and then use that exact same page when changing the account later?

(from rfc2822)

Thanks for the hint. Now when explicitly looking for it, I have found such a dialog in the stock Android calendar app – I have never seen it before.

Badly enough, this is only half of the solution. For one it might only select the calendars shown by that particular app. For example I have some widget to show the upcoming events and one can select calendars there too, just for the display there. And the system might still show reminders for reminders for uninteresting calendars. (Until I switched from caldav adapter to davdroid and deselcted a calendar in setup, I always got all the reminders from a friend's calendar.)
    Or it might just be BIG company calendars you don't want to sync via your private data plan.

• I second @ChristianTacke: Split of the calendar selection to a separate activity invoked by the initial setup process. Then, in addition to "add new", have a "edit existing" – which lets the user select a resource already configured, and then invokes the selection activity again (with already selected calendars already checked of course, and the possibility to "check more" to be used and/or uncheck others).

Btw: Same would apply to contacts I'd say :)

• I',m using owncloud for syncing contacts and calendars on my desktop pc (emClient) and mobile phone (android). Both plattforms are using caldav and carddav. On windows, emClient supports to synchronize changed/added/deletd calendars and contact books. So it should be possible to do this in android, too.

• I'm also being bitten by this :)

• +1 for being able to (un)select new calendars and being able to edit the account settings.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.