OS version - mobile version ?

• Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for the great developments regarding DAVdroid ! It saved our lives :-)
    Is there a way to get back the following information when syncing :

• the OS and OS version used by the mobile used ?
    • the type of mobile used (for example, the signature of the phone "Galaxy 3" for example) ?
      The context is as followed : I used 2 or 3 different mobile platform to sync my contacts with my server ; when the server receive informations from a mobile platform, I need to know which mobile sent it.

Thanks
    Jean

• developer

I doubt this is possible because there are no device-specific fields and besides that, DAVdroid doesn't sync custom X- headers.

For what do you need this information? Maybe there's another way.

• Hi,

thanks for your quick answer.
    We have clients that use to sync their contacts from up to 3 mobile devices. Each mobile device has its own "contact editor" tool to modify a contact. Each "contact editor" tool works in its own way (sometimes weird !), for example "deleting any non-number character from phone numbers" ; we need to be able to tell the user : the phone number of your contact was washed up by your sync when you use your mobile device number 2. Sometimes, when we cannot provide the users with this kind of information, they assume that the problems are from our side : I am sure that you know what I mean :-))
    You see what I mean ?

Thanks for your help anyway
    Jean

----- Original Message -----
    To: rfc2822/davdroid
    Cc: zinzinjpg
    Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:00 PM
    Subject: Re: [davdroid] OS version - mobile version ? (#209)

I doubt this is possible because there are no device-specific fields and besides that, DAVdroid doesn't sync custom X- headers.

For what do you need this information? Maybe there's another way.

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub.

• developer

We have clients that use to sync their contacts from up to 3 mobile devices.

OK – let's assume one customer, one CardDAV account with one address book, and she has 3 mobile devices. Correct?

Each mobile device has its own "contact editor" tool to modify a contact.

Are we talking about 3 different devices with different platforms, and only one is Android with DAVdroid?

Each "contact editor" tool works in its own way (sometimes weird !), for example "deleting any non-number character from phone numbers" ; we need to be able to tell the user : the phone number of your contact was washed up by your sync when you use your mobile device number 2.

OK. So platform 2 with contact editor app 2 has some behaviour, and when your customer asks where the behaviour comes from, you can tell her "This behaviour is a behaviour of platform 2 and thus comes from device 2". Correct?

Sometimes, when we cannot provide the users with this kind of information, they assume that the problems are from our side : I am sure that you know what I mean :-))

I guess so. VCards that are created/changed by DAVdroid have the PRODID:DAVdroid/0.x (ez-card/0.y) field set. Does this help you?

• developer

Any news on this?

• Sorry for the delay. We sorted this out with providing only one sync possibility. Anyway, our extended tests provided us with the reassurance that DAVdroid is working fine.
    Thanks for your time and answers.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.