Can't edit events (Birthday)

• I'm missing the event fields. I'd like to add or edit birthdays.
    Though the event setting seem to be synchronized, I can't edit them or add them in a new DavDroid contact.
    Version 0.5.8.1-alpha

• developer

DAVdroid is a sync adapter, not a contacts/calendar editor. This is a problem of your calendar editor app. You may try another one.

• You are correct. The birthday field is available on the standard andoid contacts but not on the Samsung Galaxy contacts.
    However, the number of available fields seems to be related to the account type. Also with the standard android contacts app, I've got far less fields to add with a DavDroid account then with a local phone or google account.
    So my assumption was that DavDroid could indicate which fields it can synchronize and that only those fields are available in the editor.

• developer

However, the number of available fields seems to be related to the account type. Also with the standard android contacts app, I've got far less fields to add with a DavDroid account then with a local phone or google account.
    So my assumption was that DavDroid could indicate which fields it can synchronize and that only those fields are available in the editor.

That's correct, these definitions can be found in https://github.com/rfc2822/davdroid/blob/master/res/xml/contacts.xml

But it's worth to notice that there are limits set by the various Android versions; for instance, if you remove the maxOccurs="1" for sip_address, Android 4.0 will crash (there are hardcoded assertions which will fail).

• Hello,

can anyone explain me, when i use the samsung s4 mini standard contact editor to create a new contact in the google synced account, then i can add a birthdate field. when i use the same editor to create a new contact in the davdroid synced account, ican't add a birthdate field.

That confuse me.

• Hello,
    Ok, i found the problem and understand it.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.