Show error if DAVDroid has no rights to access the calendar/contacts, disk is full etc.

• Many users have enabled the privacy options in Cyanogenmod or other ROMs. Some of them forget to disable them for DAVDroid and wonder why DAVDroid is not working. It would be nice if DAVDroid shows a message that the user should disable the privacy settings.

• developer

Many users have enabled the privacy options in Cyanogenmod or other ROMs. Some of them forget to disable them for DAVDroid and wonder why DAVDroid is not working.

Guess what happens to me every 2nd time when re-installing DAVdroid for testing ;)

It would be nice if DAVDroid shows a message that the user should disable the privacy settings.

Do you know if sync adapters can show notification messages / how to do this? At the moment, I only use the default sync adapter error system which shows an error in the sync settings, but without explicit message. Hints / pull requests welcome.

• I think this should work with a simple notification. We use the following Code in the SyncAdapter of Mirakel to do so:

mNB = new NotificationCompat.Builder(this.mContext)
    					.setContentTitle(
    							"Mirakel: "
    									+ this.mContext.getText(R.string.finish_sync))
    					.setContentText(last_message)
    					.setSmallIcon(android.R.drawable.stat_notify_sync)
    					.setPriority(NotificationCompat.PRIORITY_LOW)
    					.setContentIntent(p);
    			this.mNotificationManager.notify(this.notifyID, mNB.build());

This should be fairly simple to modify for DAVDroid ;)

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.