Contact fields lost after sync with Thunderbird

• Hi,
    this is a question and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask it.
    When I sync Contacts over Thunderbird<->Owncloud<->Android(davdroid), some fields (email addresses and phone numbers) are missing. I think this is because of different labeling (e.g. work/other/home etc) since I noticed that the labels are always different in Thunderbird and on my phone. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

(Anyway, thank you for your really great work!! Davdroid is amazing and it's great that it is open source!)

Simon

• If you have more than two e-mail addresses per contact, Thunderbird cannot handle them.

See:

It is 14 years old bug. Soon, it will begin to reproduce...

• Wow, 14 years old!? Doesn't seem to be an important issue to other people.
    Well then I guess this thread can be closed as it seems to be a Thunderbird related bug.
    But there's no workaround, right? How do you handle this? Not using Thunderbird? What else?

• I just do not add more fields to a contact than Thunderbird can handle. That bug has over 100 people on CC list, so I guess it is important. This bug is also a reason why I'm still using 'Collected Addresses' addressbook and have not merged it into my primary addressbook. Phone numbers are not usually problem, but three or more e-mail addresses are sometimes annoying to handle.

However this problem should only occur when contact is modified in Thunderbird. It will not delete fields if contact is untouched by user.

• developer

However this problem should only occur when contact is modified in Thunderbird. It will not delete fields if contact is untouched by user.

Please give details steps to reproduce this problem with DAVdroid only because I don't see where the problem is.

• developer

Closing this because this seems to be a Thunderbird-related problem and not a DAVdroid issue. If you think this is a DAVdroid-related issue, please post again here and I'll re-open.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.