New user needs Android Task List

• I just got DAVx5 today and managed to get my calendar and contact list on my Android phone synced with my web site on my ISP. They are using Horde.

I also set DAV to sync my task list, but I don’t seem to have a task list app on the phone that will sync with anything. I don’t ever sync with Google and don’t want to.

I’m using Calendar v12.2.06.0 that came with the phone. I add a task on the server and it does not show up in the Calendar program. I add a task in the Calendar program and it does not show up on the server. Am I just missing some basic concept.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S-20 running Android V-11.

• developer

@tasker_ken Hi,

Which tasks app are you using together with DAVx5? OpenTasks or tasks.org? Can you please provide DAVx5 debug info?

• @rfc2822 As I said, I am new to all of this, and don’t know what I don’t know… I’m trying to use the “Tasks” item that is contained within the Android Calendar program.

If I should be using a separate “Tasks” program on my Android phone, please point me to one.

Thanks,
    Ken

• developer

@tasker_ken Hi,

Yes, you need to use either OpenTasks or Tasks, see here: https://www.davx5.com/faq/tasks/advanced-task-features

Then you can synchronize tasks with DAVx5 and view/edit them in the tasks app.

Does that help?

I have just noticed that tasks synchronization is not properly covered in the manual. We should add a section for that, too.