To debug this problem: https://www.davx5.com/faq/how-to-debug
Excessive data usage
Thanks for making this app and forum live.
I just noticed that my DAVx5 app has been increasing its data usage over the past months…
August : 12 MB
September : 35 MB
October : 118 MB
November : 429 MB ( and going)
I’m running v.4.00ose on my Samsung S7 with /e/ OS 0.19 (adapted from Android 7.1.2)
I use DAVx5 for one nextcloud v.20 account on a shared server : 1 contact account and 4 calendars.
Could you help me guess why this data has been increasing this way?
Thanks in advance,
Firvu, French guy
Thanks for your message.
Sync is set up to auto-sync, but also intervals are generally at 240 min (contacts : 1440 min).
Data don’t change in a way that could explain that amount of data : a few new/modified contacts, events and tasks per week…
It doesn’t seem much to me…?
@firvu Can you provide your debug info? What is your past event time limit?
Otherwise I can just imagine that there’s some problem with the CTags or something like that (for instance some SOGo installations had such problems recently).
@firvu Which server/service do you use?
rominail last edited by
I just sign up for this problem
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, with the Samsung android version
I run a updated version of DavX5 (currently 4.1-ose) installed from fdroid
I use framagenda.org as service provider they use nextcloud as software
I also noticed data usage exploded on the past months (below are the amount of data)
I have exactly the same usage than before, contacts diary and few agendas
Mobile data usage (from the 2nd of the month to 1st next month) :
355MB January (until today 13th)
Wifi data usage
292MB Dec 16th => Jan 13th
1.67G 18 Nov => Dec 16th
1.74G Oct 21st => Nov 18th
7.24MB 23rd Sep => Oct 21st
It looks something changed in late october
@rominail Thanks for the logcat. Unfortunately it shows only 01-13 20:38:15 to 01-13 20:38:55 so it doesn’t contain syncs or other relevant things.