I have a server running OwnCloud 6.0.0.a and am running DAVdroid 0.5.6-alpha. On my OwnCloud server, my contacts are in groups. The group information and picture are erased when I make modifications using the phone.
- I create a contact, “Joe”, in OwnCloud. I give him a phone number and put him in the group “Friends”.
- I sync the phone with the server using DAVdroid, and all the information is displayed properly, except of course that group information is not there, but that’s fine. It’s documented that right now DAVdroid doesn’t do groups, no worries, just what we expected.
- Joe changes his phone number. On my phone I update the phone number, and the phone syncs this change via DAVdroid to OwnCloud.
- I go look at the contact in OwnCloud using my web browser. My friend Joe is there with the updated phone number, but his group information has been deleted. His photo has also been deleted.
What I would like to have happen:
- The photo isn’t deleted.
- Group information isn’t modified.
This problem no doubt relates to https://github.com/rfc2822/davdroid/issues/48. I feel like since this issue involves data loss, it might be worthy of a separate issue.
The workaround is to only update contacts in OwnCloud, and that is effective as a short term measure, but it’s not generally desirable.