• I DAVx5 for serveral years and I have a new android device and I could’t sync anymore my contacts.

Error on DAVx5 when I try to sync the address book: at.bitfire.vcard4android.ContactsStorageException: Couldn't apply batch operation davx5-debug.zip

Error when I try to create a contact on android to CalDAV (empty address book): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: near "adresses": syntax error (code 1 SQLITE_ERROR): , while compiling: SELECT * FROM settings WHERE account_name='Mon carnet d'adresses (infomaniak@narper.net eg)' AND account_type='com.infomaniak.sync.address_book'

Unsuccessful attempts:

• Reset de device
    • Use a fresh new address book

I haven’t any error with other device, so I don’t think the problem comes from the server, nor from the address book.
    Mayby because the new storage access control on android 11 or on Realme devices.

DAVx5 version: 3.4, 3.4.01, 4.0b1
    Android version: 11
    Device: Realme GT 5G
    All autorisations accorded
    cardDAV server: infomaniak.com

• admin

@soapernet Are you using the cloned version of infomaniak?

It’s weird because
    “AND account_type=‘com.infomaniak.sync.address_book’” would not be a value that the original DAVx5 would generate or use.

• @devvv4ever

You’r right, i also try with the app from infomaniak (ksync), (fork of davx5) and i’ve not noticed the difference of the error.

The correct error from DAVx5 when I try to create a contact on android was: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: near "adresses": syntax error (code 1 SQLITE_ERROR): , while compiling: SELECT * FROM settings WHERE account_name='Mon carnet d'adresses (infomaniak@narper.net eg)' AND account_type='at.bitfire.davdroid.address_book'

• developer

Hi,

It’s the ' in the account name. In theory, it should be possible, but the Android Contacts Provider sometimes doesn’t escape it properly.

Can you please try again with an account name without '?

• @rfc2822 Thank you for your message.
    Yeah! it’s working!
    It’s was simply the ’

You rocks!
    Thank you!

• developer

@soapernet said in CardDAV - Couldn't apply batch operation:

@rfc2822 Thank you for your message.
    Yeah! it’s working!
    It’s was simply the ’

You rocks!
    Thank you!

Good to hear 🙂 I guess we should change DAVx⁵ so that it doesn’t allow quotation marks in account names (even although it should work).