Captcha not showing for me during forum registration

• I ended up just using my GitLab login out of expediency, however I did want to bring this to your attention, as I do try (very hard) to maintain separate login credentials for every website I go to.

Now, I do block pretty much everything by default (JS, etc.) but even after allowing everything, and several full refreshes of the page, I never could get the captcha to show up. Problem might be on my end, but I can almost always get a web page to work, once I allow enough stuff.

If it matters I am on Debian, Firefox ESR 78.7.0esr (64-bit), with uBlock Origin, uMatrix, and several other add-ons.

At one point something popped up asking about allowing HTML5 canvas, I denied that, not sure if it’s related or not, but ever since then I cannot see my own avatar pic I tried to upload, either.

• developer

Hi,

@trs-80 said in Captcha not showing for me during forum registration:

Now, I do block pretty much everything by default (JS, etc.) but even after allowing everything, and several full refreshes of the page, I never could get the captcha to show up. Problem might be on my end, but I can almost always get a web page to work, once I allow enough stuff.

It’s a Google Recaptcha. Does this normally work for you?

I’d love to use some other captcha, but I don’t have the time to implement one for NodeBB. The last time I have looked there was only a non-working math captcha plugin for NodeBB 😞