• Hi,
    syncing my android phone (Xiaomi) with my Baikal server worked fine … till a few days ago: I now get an error message when syncing contacts. I’ve dropped and reinstalled my accounts to no effect. I’ve dropped Davx5 and reinstalled … still to no effect.
    I think I’ve upgraded Davx5 (to version 3.3.10) during the week.

It’s working on my Lenovo pad which run Davx5 version 1.9.5 (which strangely I’ve not upgraded for a while … and I am not going to upgrade till I get the phone going).

Any clues on how to fix Davx5 on my Xiaomi phone ?

• developer

@computingfroggy Hello,

Which error message? What exactly is now the problem? Can you provide steps to reproduce the problem so that I can have a try? Without more information, it’s unfortunately not possible to help.

• @rfc2822
    no error displayed in Davx5
    In notification I get the error “Server error HTTP - HTTP 500” (translated from French)

In system settings, “accounts and synchronisation” I have 2 different lines DAVx5 (no problems) and “DAVx5 address books” where I get under the line “Default Address Book” the message “syncing error” (again translated from French)

(sorry for the delay in replying: I am going to have surgery tomorrow so I have other things to think about … even though, it would have been nice to have the sync working)

• developer

@computingfroggy said in No sync anymore:

In notification I get the error “Server error HTTP - HTTP 500” (translated from French)

Tap on the notification to open the details. Then please send the .zip to support-en@davx5.com.

(sorry for the delay in replying: I am going to have surgery tomorrow so I have other things to think about … even though, it would have been nice to have the sync working)

Uh… all the best!

• @rfc2822 did you get my file ?

• developer

@computingfroggy Yes, we have replied in the ticket system. Did you get the reply?

• @rfc2822 I don’t know what is the ticket system !
    I only know this forum.

• developer

@computingfroggy The ticket system is where your email to support-en@davx5.com has gone to. We have replied there and you should have got an email about this. This was the mail:

thanks for writing. The server crashes when DAVx5 wants to access the address book:

https://pim.malert.fr/html/dav.php/addressbooks/lro/default/

I think this has to do with some database error on the server since the error reads: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 too many SQL variables…

Maybe this is due to an update failure? What kind of server do you use?

Anyway - this is not a problem of DAVx5, you need to fix the server first…

Hope that helps a bit in finding the cause of the problem.

• @rfc2822 Bonjour!

I sometimes experience the same issue as the OP. But I do not currently use my own server, so I cannot confirm or fix an error on the server end. The service I use is https://cloud.owncube.com. I imagine they will set you up with a test account if you would like to perform tests.

What happens is that I often get HTTP 500 errors when using Davx5. Then I notice that their service is down for a day or two. Based on what you wrote, I wonder if I’m accidentally crashing their servers by using Davx5.

• developer

@croissant said in No sync anymore:

What happens is that I often get HTTP 500 errors when using Davx5. Then I notice that their service is down for a day or two. Based on what you wrote, I wonder if I’m accidentally crashing their servers by using Davx5.

I don’t say it’s not possible (although very unlikely). Like it’s maybe possible to crash a broken Web server by using a browser to access it. But in this case the browser (client) wouldn’t be the problem, too.

If you have 500 Internal server error, please contact the server admin. They will know what to do.

• @rfc2822 Thanks. I will reach out to them again.