• As the installation of F-Droid on a Chinese phone not always results in being able to actually access it, depending on which edition the phone actually comes with, it’s a bit cumbersome to upgrade the app.

I have removed the Huawei App Gallery for several reasons, and I have also instructed my team of doing so. Now we face the issue, that half of them cannot install the Google Playstore, even though they use our SOCKS5 proxy. And the F-Droid app won’t update the repository, for the All Knowing Communist Party senses there must lurk pure evil of the western nations, thus the good people should not go there.

Can you look into the option of publishing at the Xiaomi repos?

• developer

@csem As far as I remember, we have tried some time ago, but did not find a way to add an app there.

DAVx⁵ for Huawei AppGallery is available here: https://www.davx5.com/download

Do you know how to add apps to Xiaomi’s app store?

And the F-Droid app won’t update the repository, for the All Knowing Communist Party senses there must lurk pure evil of the western nations, thus the good people should not go there.

You can also download the .apks directly from f-droid.org.

• @rfc2822 I do understand about the Huawei app gallery, but I banned it company wide due to security reasons.

Downloading the APK manually and uploading it to our Nextcloud instance for distributing it across our team is the current procedure, yet this is rather annoying as you can imagine.

I will look into the Xiaomi app publishing procedure and let you guys know.

• If you are talking about the App Stores in China region, they usually require you to apply for some Chinese copyright registration certificate(计算机软件著作权登记证). I don’t know if it’s something easily doable for a foreign entity without Chinese presence (it will definitely be some burden because of all the paperwork).

It sounds like you are a corporate user and you should be able to either help Bitfire understand the policy in China, or just distribute the apk yourself?

• developer

@csem said in Please add the Xiaomi AppStore:

Downloading the APK manually and uploading it to our Nextcloud instance for distributing it across our team is the current procedure, yet this is rather annoying as you can imagine.

Another option may be a corporation-wide internal F-Droid repository. You can quite “easily” create own repositories and put APKs in various versions there. Your users can add this repo in F-Droid and update from it.

• It sounds like you are a corporate user and you should be able to either help Bitfire understand the policy in China, or just distribute the apk yourself?

Yes, we are a Chinese company with Chinese & Austrian management team. We hold all the required ICP licences and therefore could help with the distribution here. Whom to contact about procedures, perhaps it’s the best to send me a PM?

Sorry, had to set up a second account here, as the board software had some issues with mit GitHub OAuth.

• @rfc2822 that would cut it for now as a workaround. But as we are going to roll-out a series of new product lines, which include Nextcloud access, we have to find a solution based on a more generally applicable approach anyway.

• admin

@csem_cn Please contact me regarding the Xiaomi app store via email: play@bitfire.at. Thank you!