Hello. This is a function that I thought would be a good idea as well. The reason for me is different. I have a Synology servers that is used to store all my contacts and events. It would be nice to stop my tablet or phone from waking it up several times in the middle of the night, just to check that no changes have occurred. May be also to have an option on whether to force a sync when DAVx5 “wakes up”; or default it to do it.
I think this would complement the existing function, which allows DAVx5 to only sync when connect to a defined WiFi network.
- Start with a NextCloud hosted CardDAV list of contacts, fully synchronized on multiple devices including an Android phone with DAVx5 and an iPhone.
- Access NextCloud on a desktop web browser and in the Contacts app add an additional email address to an existing contact.
- Immediately thereafter, start writing an email to this existing contact on the iPhone and on the Android phone.
- iPhone: by the time I tap the arrow to display the additional email addresses, Apple Mail has already seamlessly synchronized.
- Android: waiting for the sync interval to elapse…
How does Apple do it, and could DAVx5 do the same?
@y-l Maybe the email app triggers a contact sync?
You can get more information in your Web server/Nextcloud logs. Watch the logs while you do the same process… when does the iPhone access your Nextcloud?