CalDAV: Sync colors after setup

• developer

Alright. So essentially I should remove the accounts again, turn on debugging and then hook it up once more?

Yes please, that would be very helpful.

Anything in particular I should look for in the logs?

There should be a PROPFIND request on your calendar-home-set. In the reply, there should be a color element. Further debugging will depend on whether it’s there and how it’s formatted.

• I checked this and the response includes this:

<x5:calendar-color xmlns:x5="http://apple.com/ns/ical/">DC143C</x5:calendar-color>

I suppose the problem is that the color is not given as #DC143C. This is already fixed in Kolab.org upstream, but not rolled out to MyKolab.com. @rfc2822 can you confirm that DAVdroid chokes on the color value?

• developer

I suppose the problem is that the color is not given as #DC143C. This is already fixed in Kolab.org upstream, but not rolled out to MyKolab.com. @rfc2822 can you confirm that DAVdroid chokes on the color value?

Yes, DAVdroid currently expects this pattern. I wonder whether it should be changed to allow color names without leading #. It’s really annoying to implement things by feeling and hearsay – I think there just is no standard for the calendar-color element, although it has an xmlns.

• We could also not find specification for this. Here’s our ticket about the issue for reference. So since we changed to the leading #, you might as well stay with it. However, if you want DAVdroid to be more robust, you might as well make the # optional.

• developer

DAVdroid fetches the CTag for the collection on every sync – the same request could be used to fetch color, title and description again, too.

• Given that we seem to know what is going on ("#" vs no “#”) it seems that debugging is no longer required. So if possible I’d avoid having to go through the cycle.

• I think this can be closed.

• developer

Thanks for the hint, closing

• I’m starting to use DAVDroid and wanted to know: How is the current behavior regarding color sync? Does it still download the colors at setup time?

• developer

Does it still download the colors at setup time?

Yes: At the moment, colors are only fetched here from the PROPFIND response, then put into ServerInfo.ResourceInfo and then later used when creating the LocalCollections.

• I suppose a manually triggered re-discovery of all collections would fix this issue (as well as add the ability to sync new collections). See CalDAV-Sync for what I mean.

• developer

I suppose a manually triggered re-discovery of all collections would fix this issue (as well as add the ability to sync new collections).

Please follow up in in #219 and #243 for that.

See CalDAV-Sync for what I mean.

As far as I know, CalDAV-Sync is not open-source? So unfortunately, I can’t see how it’s handled there.

• As far as I know, CalDAV-Sync is not open-source? So unfortunately, I can’t see how it’s handled there.

I meant how it is implemented UI-wise: Part of collection discovery, which doesn’t happen regularly but has to be triggered manually.

• developer

I meant how it is implemented UI-wise: Part of collection discovery, which doesn’t happen regularly but has to be triggered manually.

Ah ok, this is #219. Please follow up there.

I don’t know when this will be done, at the moment I’m happy about tasks sync 🙂