@hobarrera That’s exactly what DAVdroid does normally, when there’s not just released with a ProGuard misconfiguration 😉
DavX5 is not sending backup files into Nextcloud
Steps to reproduce:
- I Installed new version of DavX5 from F-Droid
- I Opened Nextcloud Application on your Android smartphone
- I went to settings / Synchronize Calendar and Contacts
- I Loged in with my Nextcloud account and granted access
- I Clicked Create account in Davx5
- I Granted permissions for all
- I Checked box Contacts in Carddav and Personal in Caldav
- I disabled the battery saving settings in my Samsung A20E mobile
- I Clicked orange icon for Synchronizing now
- Seeing message Synchronizing now
- Going to Nextcloud, searchiong all files, but no seeing any backups.
What I am doing wrong? I have read all the instructions and did what I understood. Sorry I am not IT guy and I dont speak so well English.
Attaching log and debug filedavx5-log.txt debug-info.txt
Going to Nextcloud, searchiong all files, but no seeing any backups.
Which backups would you expect? DAVx5 doesn’t make backups, but synchronizes contacts within the given account.
I think this is your problem/solution: https://www.davx5.com/faq/existing-contacts-are-not-synced (including video)
Does that help?
@rfc2822 Hi, yes, that was the problem. I exported contacts from local do DavX5 account and now the contacts synchronize.
But I couldn’t find how to export/import events from local calendar to davx5 calendar account, so the calendar is still not synchronizing. Is there any manual for exporting calendar? I couldn’t find any possibility in the phone menus…
@rfc2822 OK, I have got it. I had to change the location separately within each one event in calendar. Little bit more work, but got it now… Thanks a lot buying coffe for you
@rzitka Happy that it now works for you. There are calendar apps which can import/export, too (the more advanced calendar apps from the stores).
Maybe we should create a more generic FAQ entry, which includes contacts and events.