I recently moved my contacts into my Nextcloud server and am using Davx5 to sync things with my Android phone. However, since I’ve done that something strange has been happening with a subset of addresses.
- Person A will call me
- When I look at my phone I will see Person A’s phone number but also Person B’s name.
It doesn’t happen with all of my addresses but with a subset. This also happens:
- I open my Contacts app
- I open Person A’s contact info. Everything looks correct.
- I tap on the “text” button for that contact
- Person A’s texting history is opened in the messages app, but with Person B’s name.
What’s especially strange is that if Person B calls or texts me, I see Person C’s name. If Person C calls or texts me, I just see his phone number as his name.
Here’s what I’ve done to troubleshoot the issue:
- Switched from Signal to the default Messaging app. I get the same behavior in both apps.
- Uninstalled and re-installed Davx5 and set things up according to the official instructions for Nextcloud.
- Exported my contacts and opened them in a text editor. There doesn’t seem to be anything that makes Person A’s account “special”.
- Checked the contact info in the Nextcloud contacts app
- Added all of my contacts to the myContacts group in Nextcloud (which I admit was a shot in the dark).
Here’s my system info:
- Nextcloud version: 20.0.3
- Android version: 9
- Davx5 version: Latest from F-Droid today
What should I try next?